Mission SP-1 expression pedal with Stage

• Hi there!

I've just sold my Fractal AX-8 and bought the Stage: well done :)

I'm trying to use mi former (but still brand new...) Mission SP-1 pedal but I've noticed two problems:

1. it seems the value range of the pedal is much higher than the Stage likes. This problem can be more or less solved with the calibration!?

2. worst thing the pedal works inverted: using the wah, in heel position I can hear high frequencies and the tone is dark in toe position! Could I solve this problem making some changes in the cable polarity?

Thanks for your support!!!

C.

• We don't know any expression pedal, that doesn't work with the PROFILER except if it is broken. Calibration should do it.

I'm not sure about the toe switch of that pedal. It might be latching. In that case it cannot be used with the PROFILER. But a toe switch isn't mandatory. You can activate and deactivate your wah effect via Pedal Mode e. g. Bypass@Stop or Bypass@Heel.

The inverse wah behavior you describe might be related to unintended parameter settings within the Wah Effect. I suggest you load one of the wah presets as a safe starting point e.g. "Cry".

• My Mission sp1 -RJM Had a really weird taper when I switched to the KPA. The solution for me was to change pedal type in the KPA to Type 2. Worked as normal after that. As for the switch I had to invert mine but I think that option was removed in the latest Beta.

if the pedal os sweeping the wah in reverse you probably have the range parameter set to a negative value.

• If that pedal should really have a switch which is normally closed, you could use a hidden feature in OS 7.2.2. Press soft button 4 on the PEDAL page in System Settings and Polarity Switched will appear. But I would first make the test: The switching function should be triggered as soon as you hit the button. Wrong polarity means the switching function doesn't get triggered when you hit the button, but when you release it.

• Thanks for the answer, honestly I'm totally not interested to the switch function, my goal is purely to set properly the pedal behaviour!

I've the 7.2.2.16147 installed on the Stage but I was not able to visualize the polarity parameter :(

• Yes, it is hidden, because it has been causing more confusion than what it's worth. And if you don't use the toe switch it isn't relevant anyhow.

For you only pedal type matters. Pedal Type 2 has been designed for Yamaha expression pedals, which have a different wiring influencing the response curve. Perhaps the Mission SP-1 has the same wiring. Wheresthedug's experience is suggesting that.