pedal controlling volume and wah at same time?

• Have the mission control ep1-kp pedal. Trying to get it to control the volume when their is no wah active in a rig and only the wah when it is active. In system I have pedal function set to WAH and in the pedal links page have WAHPEDAL>VOL checked. The volume function seems to work fine but when I enable a wah effect the pedal is controlling the WAH and the volume at the same time. Even weirder is that the volume control is reversed with the pedal (toe down is 0 volume and toe up is 100%).

In the pedal links page I can see both the wah and volume parameters change when a wah is not active in the rig when I sweep the pedal. When I enable a wah effect, only the wah parameter changes when I sweep the pedal, but the volume audibly still changes as described in the above paragraph even though the visual slider does not change in the pedal links page.

It seems that there is somewhere else that my Kemper is responding or linked to the pedals volume control and I am missing it. I've read the manual pedal links sections but does not shed light on my problem. Profiler and rig manager are up to date.

Thanks for any insight.

• what you encounter is that the wah moves the frequencies into a range that is inaudible for the human ear.

Simply load a preset like the Cry Baby for the wah effect or set the range accordingly and the wah will behave as you would expect.