Monitor Out and Direct out issue?

• When I use Monitor Out and Direct Out to my Kone's, and then select Monitor Stereo in the output, I lose the FX to the Kones.

Why is this happening and How can I correct this? ?(

Thanks-

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• What is your current Setting for Direct Output Source?

Master Right is Direct Output. Monitor Output is set to Master Left.

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

• Master Right is Direct Output. Monitor Output is set to Master Left.

This might be a misunderstanding. If you activate Monitor Stereo, the DRECT OUTPUT gets paired with the MONITOR OUTPUT. From that moment settings like Output Source and Volume of the DIRECT OUTPUT are irrelevant and therefor greyed out, while the settings of the MONITOR OUTPUT are applied to the pair of stereo outputs. So, you treat the stereo MONITOR OUTPUT like the stereo MAIN OUTPUT and might want to select Master Stereo as its Output Source. Master Stereo is only available while Monitor Stereo is activated.

With your setting both outputs deliver the same Master Left mono signal.

• OK I fiddled with this all morning and now have FX going to the Kones Wooohoo! ^^

What I have now is : (on "OUTPUT" page 1 of 7")

Says "Direct Output used for Monitor Stereo"

Monitor cab - Unchecked

Monitor Stereo - checked

Main output set to Master Stereo

Monitor Output set to Master Stereo

Direct Output is greyed out

SPDIF Output set to Master Stereo

Hope that this is right...

• MONITOR OUTPUT set to Master Stereo is correct.

All other settings relevant for KEMPER Kone can be found on the KEMPER Kone page in Output Settings.

If you don't check Monitor Cab. Off, the KEMPER Kone runs in full-range mode.

As soon as you check Monitor Cab. Off it runs in Speaker Imprint Mode.

You find a detailed description in the Main Manual 7.2 as well as in Addendum 7.2.

• So if I understand correctly then, the "Monitor Outs" (In stereo) with Monitor cab OFF runs in Speaker Imprint mode to the Kones.

And (at the same time) the "Main Outs" of the Kemper is still running the selected IR cab in the profile , correct?

So all the Monitor Cab "off" does is switch the Kone from FRFR to Imprint mode.

Thick headed me may understand this at some point lol... ^^

• The purpose of Monitor Cab. Off has always been to suppress the cabinet simulation for the MONITOR OUTPUT as well as for the internal power amp with its SPEAKER OUTPUT.

If you activate Kemper Kone and select Monitor Cab. Off and load a Studio or Merged PROFILE (with a cabinet profile), the software consequently activates the Guitar Speaker Imprint, which is greyed out otherwise. Running a Studio PROFILE or Merged PROFILE through KEMPER Kone without cabinet PROFILE and without Speaker Imprint wouldn't make sense.

• Running a Studio PROFILE or Merged PROFILE through KEMPER Kone without cabinet PROFILE and without Speaker Imprint wouldn't make sense.

Probably wouldnt sound very good either.;) Thanks Burkhard for all you do!

• Thanks for this, just so I know what outputs are you using on the back of the Kemper going into separate cabs? are they the mains outputs left and right?

Or do you use one of the main outputs and the other the monitor output?

Sorry if this seems to be a daft question, but I'm about to order a Camplifier for my unpowered KPA and am contemplating mono or stereo.

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel

Edited once, last by Crookster ().

• If you want to drive two KEMPER Kones in stereo and own a PROFILER

a. Stage, use stereo MONITOR OUTPUT

b. classical model, activate Monitor Stereo and use MONITOR OUT and DIRECT OUT.

• What he said^ - :D check on "Monitor Stereo" (in the output section), and I'm using monitor out for left and direct out for right to the SLA-2 power amp inputs. So I have stereo left and right to the Kones.

• If you want to drive two KEMPER Kones in stereo and own a PROFILER

a. Stage, use stereo MONITOR OUTPUT

b. classical model, activate Monitor Stereo and use MONITOR OUT and DIRECT OUT.

Is it possible to drive left cab with speaker out and the right one with the direct out when hopefully kabinet will be released with powered option?

• Yes, that should be possible, if you activate Monitor Stereo in Output Section.

Thanks! so the speaker out in that case would output the LEFT channel and not a summed audio stream anymore, right? The only question I have is about using two different power amps... the integrated one and the one that will be in the kabinet powered version.

• Activating Monitor Stereo pairs MONITOR OUT with DIRECT OUT. So it becomes a physical stereo output like the MAIN OUTPUT. The DIRECT OUTPUT gets kind of occupied for the MONITOR OUTPUT.

But you are still free to select the output source for this new stereo MONITOR OUTPUT as you like. Default output source is Master Stereo like for MAIN OUT. But you could for example select Master Mono or Stack as your output source. This way your stereo output sends the same mono signal on both sides of the stereo output.

We are using digital power amps, which are sound neutral and I expect there will be a way to match volumes.