Norbury brook new profile pack- The Tweedle -De

• Hi Folks. It's been a while but the next amp in the collection is ready.

https://www.marcuscliffe.com/tweedle-de

The tweed deluxe really needs no introduction. It’s been used by everyone from Niel Young, The Edge, Kenny Wayne Shepard to Larry Carlton and beyond. Designed in the 50’s it’s a small simple 6V6 amplifier with two channels. In its original form it’s a great amp, however it is prone to farting out and various other issues. Howard Dumble decided to put his skill into the amp and basically beefed up all the areas that needed it. Higher filtering in the power section, split Cathodes to stop the 2 volumes interacting and a different, higher voltage rectifier. It's an incredibly dynamic amp and responds to touch and volume/tone changes on the guitar beautifully. The speaker is a Celestion Alnico Cream.

Profiling

As usual with my profiling I chose to use a £12,000 Vintage Neumann U67 and the classic Shure Sm57. I got this technique/combination from working with Mark Knopfler for many years and it works great, on this particular amp after some experimentation I mic’d more closely than usual to get the best profiles. There are a total of 46 profiles in this pack.

Naming protocol

The amp has 3 inputs and two separate channels. The ‘mic’ channel which I refer to as the ‘Normal’ channel and two other channels which are identical except for the 500pF bright capacitor.

There are regular and D.I. profiles of all settings. You can use the D.I. profiles to make your own merged profiles with speakers of your choice from other profile packs or IR’s

price is the usual £9.99

audio demo's are on the web site: The guitars used in the demo's are: A coodercaster with gold foil pickups and flatwound strings. A warmoth '60's strat, a Warmoth custom 3 pickup telecaster with neck P90 and a 1994 '59 Gibson 335. All the demo's are unprocessed and any FX are from the kemper only.