Profiling on a Kemper Stage

• I'm a new Kemper user and would like to profile some amps on the Stage. On the diagrams, it usually shows the microphone connects to Return 1 of the stage, but the input is a phone jack. Do I need to get a xlr to trs adapter for the input or would I run the microphone thru a mixer and send that into the kemper.

The Kemper is amazing so far and it may replace my Helix, which is my current go to for gigging.

• Yes you need an adapter/ cable. I use the Kemper DI or mic’s direct in with adapter cable.

From Kemper video page “ATTENTION!!! Information Update! YES, THE PROFILER STAGE DOES PROFILING: SEND 1 connects to the Amp Input. RETURN 1 (TRS) brings the MIC Signal back into the PROFILER!

Edited once, last by drog ().

• Here is a video I did on direct profiling with the stage

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• So I was able to setup the Kemper to profile a Crate 3112 I had at home. Since this is an amp I hardly play, I figured it would be a good guinea pig in case something goes desperately wrong. I profiled the OD channel with the drive at 2 o'clock and no boost.

I decided to do a direct profile thinking that I wouldn't hear the speaker since it was late - I was wrong. Going thru the DI, the speaker spoke loud and clear. When all was said and done, I was highly impressed with the profile. I can put it on the Rig Exchange if anyone may be interested.

One question I have - Is there a major difference with a Studio profile minus the cab as opposed to the direct profile? If I use an IR for the direct and change the studio to the same IR, would they sound the same?

I may sell my Helix and just keep my Helix Stomp now that I have this.