Best Direct Profiles these days?

• For reference, I'm pretty much dialed in on MBritt profiles when I go FRFR and want a good live/band context sound. I like Sela and Tone Junkie for recording purposes. Both tend to fit better in that denser recorded mix context vs the MBritt stuff.

For Direct profiles, I'm connecting to a Port City Vertical 2x12 OS with 2 Greenbacks via a Power Station 2. I have and like a Reampzone JMP profile set and I also tried a Tone Junkie Orange OR50 that sounds pretty good as well. The ReampZone stuff seemed to have the definition turned very low or off and raising that to around 5 or so makes them come alive. That might have been his intent. Any other profiles or profilers you could recommend that really do something special direct profiles? Per my love of MBritt's profile dialing, I like present but controlled bass, good upper mids, and some rounding of the highs.

• Just try as many free sample profiles form each profile maker. It is always too subjective when asking this kind of question, as everyone is looking for something different.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Just try as many free sample profiles form each profile maker. It is always too subjective when asking this kind of question, as everyone is looking for something different.

That's fair...and I have. Was hoping to find some nuggets that I haven't stumbled on.

• That's fair...and I have. Was hoping to find some nuggets that I haven't stumbled on.

The problem I saw in the past threads is that eventually pretty much every profile maker appears in the thread. Try youtube videos to get a flavour of what the sounds might be like, but your playing dictates more than you think.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7