can someone help me with updates on my KPA ? I am in Illinois

• due to work schedule of 2 jobs & hand injuries, stroke etc, , I have not used my toaster for about 4 yrs & I don't have the memory span to try to do it , & no patience either, I have the Remote, & toaster has a power amp mounted on the back (amp from Italy ) the unit is so far outdated , it would take me forever, I am willing tp pay someone something for there time, I am in Ottawa Illinois 61350 & will travel about 60-70 miles TIA roger

• i wish I could help but I’m in the UK. I know you mentioned your stroke and memory span but the update process is really very easy. You can go straight from any old version to the current version without the need to do any intermediate updates. You should be able to update Rig Manager than do the Profiler update from there without even reaching for a USB stick. It doesn’t need any specific Kemper knowledge so if you aren’t able to do it yourself a friend or family member should be able to do the physical parts for you.

everything the would need is on the Kemper Website in the download section.

• You can go straight from any old version to the current version without the need to do any intermediate updates.

Actually, there is one necessary interim step if the OS is older than v1.8.2 Release, Alan. The OP hasn't used his Profiler for 4 years so if he was up-to-date at that time, this shouldn't matter to him.

For those who might be interested, this is explained in the v5 manual:

From Reference Manual 5.0

Usually, you can update to the latest operating system in one step. However, if the operating system currently installed on your Profiler should happen to be older than 1.8.2 Release, you need to take an interim step, and upgrade to that operating system version first. Leaving this step out might lead to an error.

There is of course a chance that this interim step is no longer required when updating to the latest FW version, but I've seen no mention of it since the days when it was necessary.

• Can you tell us what release version of software is currently on it? It's listed on the start-up screen after you turn the Kemper on.

Maybe someone can send you a USB stick formatted for the Kemper, with the newest update? Once you have that, it should be simple for you to update it.

• Can you tell us what release version of software is currently on it? It's listed on the start-up screen after you turn the Kemper on.

Maybe someone can send you a USB stick formatted for the Kemper, with the newest update? Once you have that, it should be simple for you to update it...……….. thanks for replys, does 3.1.1 seem like it could be os ? its really small , barely could see it, guess I need stronger reading glass's

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    for repys

Maybe someone can send you a USB stick formatted for the Kemper, with the newest update? Once you have that, it should be simple for you to update it.....that would be great, I have maybe 20 -25 profiles that I would not want to lose, thanks

• thanks to all replys

• Hello Wilson I can`t see the video , can you pls confirm the version , pls take a pic.

Is possible that can make the update remote with your pc

I can not see the video either, but I just checked again & I have public beta 3.1.2, (it comes up on screen when starting up) I made a mistake when I said 3.1. 1 I appreciate any help I can get, TIA

• RD, This is super simple. Just download the latest OS from the Kemper website, extract or copy the KAOS.bin file to the USB stick. Make sure it is in the root of the USB stick. You can put it in a OS update folder but keep it simple. Turn on your Kemper and insert the USB stick into the back and it will update automatically. I just upgraded from 4.0.2 and I feel foolish now but I had thought that in the past, one inserted the USB stick into the Kemper, turned it on and it would recognize the stick and install the new OS. Well after inserting 3 different USB sticks, formatting the USB stick etc before turning on the Kemper without any recognition of the new software . I tried sticking the USB stick in while the Kemper was on and fully loaded and voila. It updated.

• rdwilson I'm next door to you in Indiana. If you mail me the toaster I can update it and mail it back. It will take 1 day from you to get to me. I'll update it the day I get it and send it back the same day time allowing. Send me a PM and I can send you a text or whatever you need to get it done. Maybe even facetime would work?

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• RD, This is super simple. Just download the latest OS from the Kemper website, extract or copy the KAOS.bin file to the USB stick. Make sure it is in the root of the USB stick. You can put it in a OS update folder but keep it simple. Turn on your Kemper and insert the USB stick into the back and it will update automatically. I just upgraded from 4.0.2 and I feel foolish now but I had thought that in the past, one inserted the USB stick into the Kemper, turned it on and it would recognize the stick and install the new OS. Well after inserting 3 different USB sticks, formatting the USB stick etc before turning on the Kemper without any recognition of the new software . I tried sticking the USB stick in while the Kemper was on and fully loaded and voila. It updated.

thanks for the info , I will try to find a low gig usb, to try , from what I remember (barely) the usb should be small , all of the ones I have now are at least 16 gig, will it work ?

• rdwilson I'm next door to you in Indiana. If you mail me the toaster I can update it and mail it back. It will take 1 day from you to get to me. I'll update it the day I get it and send it back the same day time allowing. Send me a PM and I can send you a text or whatever you need to get it done. Maybe even facetime would work?

thanks, for reply , I don't know anything about facetime, not wanting to ship if possible..