Only preamp profiles

• Since my Kabinet is on the way as well as Fryette-PS2 tube power amp, I wonder how to select Preamp Only profiles from Rig Exchange, since there is no filter to apply..

• do you really mean Pre Amp only - ie profiles which bypassed the power amp or were made with something like a Mesa Triaxis, ADA MP1 etc - or just Kemper Direct Amp Profiles (no cabinet used).

if genuine preamp only, I don’t think there would be any way to locate those but I wouldn’t be worried about that. Very few people make preamp only profiles. Even those commercial profilers which sell preamp packs usually still run the preamp into a suitable poweramp when making direct profiles as the poweramp is a bog part of the sound. I tried profiling my Triaxis with and without the 2:ninety poweramp. The profiles without the power amp were dull and lifeless compared to those with the 2:ninety. You could argue that your Fryette will do the job of the poweramp with a preamp only profile but I am a little sceptical of that idea as the Fryette appears to be specifically designed to be a transparent as possible.

i you mean Direct Amp Profiles I would search for the amp you want then order those by cabinet and select only N/A

• I don't know if this shuts the pre-amp off too, but you can just shut the amp off in the editor or on the KPA and use a pedal for the pre.

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• do you really mean Pre Amp only - ie profiles which bypassed the power amp or were made with something like a Mesa Triaxis, ADA MP1 etc - or just Kemper Direct Amp Profiles (no cabinet used).

if genuine preamp only, I don’t think there would be any way to locate those but I wouldn’t be worried about that. Very few people make preamp only profiles. Even those commercial profilers which sell preamp packs usually still run the preamp into a suitable poweramp when making direct profiles as the poweramp is a bog part of the sound. I tried profiling my Triaxis with and without the 2:ninety poweramp. The profiles without the power amp were dull and lifeless compared to those with the 2:ninety. You could argue that your Fryette will do the job of the poweramp with a preamp only profile but I am a little sceptical of that idea as the Fryette appears to be specifically designed to be a transparent as possible.

i you mean Direct Amp Profiles I would search for the amp you want then order those by cabinet and select only N/A

Thanks Wheresthedug - I meant only preamp profiles (not profiles without just cabinet and mike...). But if you say, that this has no big advantage over Direct Amp Profiles (without a cab and mike) or even maybe worse, I won't bother then. My Fryette is on the way back to UK, they sent me PS-100 instead of PS2 ;)

• Be aware, that the KEMPER Kone logic switches to full-range even while Monitor Cab. Off is activated and a Speaker Imprint is selected, if you load a Direct PROFILE. The logic assumes you intend to play acoustic guitar.

In order to avoid that automatic switching you need to pair your Direct PROFILE with any cabinet PROFILE. As soon as a Studio PROFILE or Merged PROFILE gets loaded, KEMPER Kone reactivates the Speaker Imprint as usual, if Monitor Cab. Off is active.