Expression Pedal | Connecting to Profiler | Help

• Hey all,

I read through some of the threads already but could not find an answer for my setup.

I have the Earnie Ball MVP Expression pedal that I'd like to set so I can control morphing, Pitch and Volume. I am not sure if I can do all three with my one pedal so if I had to pick one for now, I would say morphing.

I went into System Settings to try and Calibrate the pedal, but nothing really happens.

Could someone tell me what the step by step process is to get this to work? The manual is very basic but it doesn't go into details of any other settings that might be to be set or unset based on the pedal I am using.

Thank you!

• I thought the EB MVP was a volume pedal which doesn't have an expression output.

you can use a volume pedal as an expression pedal but you need a special cable that connects both the in and out of the volume pedal to the TRS expression input on the Kemper.

If it is an expression pedal - check whether yo u need a TS (mono) or a TRS (stereo) cable.

• i just checked the manual. The MVP is a volume pedal without a separate Expression pedal output. This mean you can’t use it as you intend. As ajbsmirnoff pointed out, you can use a Y cable with 2 TS into the Input and Output of the MVP and TRS into the KPA. However, this is a very “sub optimal” solution and is not recommended in anything but an emergency. The reason being that volume pedals such as the MVP use a logarithmic pot (aka Audio Taper) wheres Expression pedals use a linear taper pot. Using a log pot results in most of the pedal travel doing nothing and all the effect being bunched up i the last 20 - 30% of the pedal travel. You will get a much better result using a dedicated expression pedal. In fact even a super cheap plastic pedal will give better results than the MVP with an adapted cable. You can buy a cheap expression pedal for not much more than a suitable cable to use the MVP. I bought a used Zoom for £11 to use alongside my Mission and Boss FV500 and it works perfectly (actually better than the Mission for most things except wah).

• Hey all!

I just received my Kemper Expression pedal and trying to set it up to the remote with no luck so far. I went into System Settings to try and calibrate it and there must be something I'm not doing correctly.

I'd like to use the Morph, Volume and pitch control with the one pedal during difference performances.

Is this possible and how do I set this up?

Thanks!

• This might be helpful.

KEMPER PROFILER Main Manual 7.0

There is no way to combine Morph and Volume Pedal as this would imply logical conflicts. Therefore, in this setup Morphing can only be triggered via the buttons of Remote or Stage - either Rig Buttons 1-5, or via customization of one of the LOOPER, TUNER or TAP buttons. Alternatively, you could connect an additional external switch and assign the Morph function to it. We will cover the subject of external switches soon.

The one pedal then needs to be set-up as a wah pedal. The PEDAL 5 input of the Remote, and Pedal 3 input of the PROFILER Stage, are already prepared for it by default. How to connect and calibrate has been already explained in

Expression Pedals and Foot Switches 126

the example Four Pedals: Luxury. Then select “WahPedal >Volume” and “WahPedal >Pitch” on the Pedal Linkspage in System Settings.

If “WahPedal >Volume” is selected, those two functions are mutually exclusive. As soon as a wah effect is active, the Wah Pedal controls this wah effect, while volume stays flat. As soon as there is no wah effect in the current Rig, or the wah effect is switched off, the Wah Pedal controls volume. All other pedal links allow you to control their effects simultaneously. So, a Morph Pedal could morph and control wah, as well as pedal pitch effects at the same time, if those links are selected. A Wah Pedal could control wah and pedal pitch effects together, if “WahPedal >Pitch” ischecked.

A tutorial video demonstrating setting up of expression pedals can be found at: http://www.kemper-amps.com/video

Basically if you want to use Volume and Morph you need two pedals or have morph settings that can be toggled with a footswitch rather than controlled continuously with an expression pedal.