Distortion Sense vs Gain, I keep reading they do the same but what I hear says otherwise.

• Distortion Sense vs Gain, I keep reading they do the same but what I hear says otherwise.

I can match the two so it sounds identical as long as you play normally but when you fingerpick softly with the raised Distortion Sense it cleans up so much more.

I would love to have a boost pedal that does exactly what the Distortion Sense does so it can be set per preset (not global)

If I'm wrong, please direct me to the solution.

If there is a workaround let me know.

If you don't believe me I can probably create a video to show you but it would be pain with my current computer setup.

;)

• If you unlock the input section it will be stored on a rig by rig basis. Does that help?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• DS is just a Gain control, as per Kemper's specs. Just set gain accordingly per rig.

«The two controls Gain and Distorted Sens act the same. Their scaling is different though.

Increasing Distorted Sens by 5.0 is equivalent to decreasing Gain by 1.5» [CK]

So you are right, higher DS equals lower gain.

HTH

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• DS is just a Gain control, as per Kemper's specs. Just set gain accordingly per rig.

«The two controls Gain and Distorted Sens act the same. Their scaling is different though.

Increasing Distorted Sens by 5.0 is equivalent to decreasing Gain by 1.5» [CK]

So you are right, higher DS equals lower gain.

HTH

I know I read that but it just doesn't sound the same to me.

I found other things that don't make sense.

Take an effect loop and place it in position A, set the MIX to zero and up the Volume a little bit.

Basically you have a bypassed Loop with a Volume control that suppose to sound the same before the bypass and after the bypass

yet when you toggle the post/pre switch you get a different tone.

:/