Let's see those Kabs and Kones

• If anyone is looking for an inexpensive 1X12 cab for a Kone, I haven't seen anything better than a used Rocktron S-112. I bought a pair of them last year from a local music store for $120, and they are awesome for the price. The speakers that come with them aren't very good, but the earlier cabs with cloth covering and no corner protectors are made of plywood, and are quite high quality. The later painted ones with metal corner protectors are made of MDF. My Kone sounds great in one.

• I haven't seen anything better than a used Rocktron S-112.

I have two of those and to me they sound awful as they are. So thanks for the hint, maybe I give it a try with the Kone there. The form factor of the Rocktrons is still very appealing. Can be used as a wedge monitor and as a stand-up cab :thumbup:8)

• Thanks, 52 Replica... neck, Body Luthier Made, authentic Nitro finish by me, Mojo Pickups some old stuff, have a look and listen

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

You play with so much feel sthackenb, that on 3" speaker driven by 90's Line6 POD it would sound as good.

• That´s my Palmer 1x12 Box with the Kone (I closed the open back) and the TC electronic Bam200. It sounds great!

Kemper Head - Kemper Remote - Palmer Box with Kemper Kone - TC Electronic BAM200 - Laney LFR 112

• was it great diff open to closed back ?

I closed it because the kemper cabinet is closed too. I have no comparison to the open back because I closed it from the inside before i put in the new speaker. I did´nt want to fiddle with the new speaker open/closed back. ´Great´ means that i like the sound of the box very much as it is.

Kemper Head - Kemper Remote - Palmer Box with Kemper Kone - TC Electronic BAM200 - Laney LFR 112

• Had a pretty nice cabinet sitting around so threw the cone in there. Sounds good and isn't too big. Size comparison to my similar sized 1964 PR and 1949 Supro (Valco).

Would like to try the Kone in a closed back cab, but don't have a 1x12 closed cab laying around. Might dummy up pine backplate for this cab to test out sometime, but the wood is so nice in the current cab it would just be a temporary test..

What do you guys think, worth the effort to try closed back?

• i have built an half open with Kone and today i bought a piece of wood to make it closed back too,

will let you know the diff when i have tested it

btw your amp collection is looking great