Two steps forward, one step back

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Something more soundtrack like today. It's been one of those kinds of days and I didn't think I'd actually find time to do this today, but somehow snuck it in.

• Thanks Monkey_Man, I was going for that late 80's lonely city Smiths and Suede guitar sound. Bernard was a huge inspiration for me picking up the guitar in the first place, and obviously Mick was a big influence on Marr and Butler too so I'm not surprised.

• Great new sound again Per, nice one! Actually it reminds me a bit of Moby's title song for the movies around the Jason Bourne character. That has a similar vibe. But Smiths and Marr are definitely references I would also mention. Well done, thanks for sharing :thumbup:8)

• Geesh Per, you are prolific in your writing, some great ideas too. I'm lucky to get even one per couple of MONTHs at best and only if I'm totally focussed with nothing else to do.

:thumbup:

• Great new sound again Per, nice one! Actually it reminds me a bit of Moby's title song for the movies around the Jason Bourne character. That has a similar vibe. But Smiths and Marr are definitely references I would also mention. Well done, thanks for sharing :thumbup:8)

Hey thanks buddy. I'll have to check them out, it's been a while since I listened to any Moby, I remember seeing him at V Festival back in the day, good times!

Geesh Per, you are prolific in your writing, some great ideas too. I'm lucky to get even one per couple of MONTHs at best and only if I'm totally focussed with nothing else to do.

:thumbup:

Why thank you! I find that for me it comes easier if I'm not being too precious about what I'm doing. I'm more productive with ideas if I just make myself to do something, anything at all every day even if I'm not feeling inspired, even if it's rubbish, warts and all style, it just needs to be something. Each time I'm maybe learning a little thing how to do it better/faster, or get the sound I'm after a tiny bit better, or what not to do too. Mistakes are my friends, failure is a good thing, that's my mindset with this. Sorts like a writer just doing stream of consciousness for a page or two before they actually get writing to clear out the cobwebs. Who knows, eventually I'll get to the point where I might actually produce something worthwhile. :)