Minutes to midnight

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Just todays noodle. Brass driver for one of the guitars, the other was the a VSP Fender Champ profile.

• I drifted off into posting heaven on another forum whilst listening, Per, so had to start the song again 'cause all I could remember was the mood.

It reminds me of some stuff I did late-night back in the late '80s; it's definitely got a late-night vibe. I've mentioned before on the forum that I can often tell when something's recorded at night as opposed to during the day.

So, now's your opportunity to prove me wrong and make me look like a dick. In my defence 'though, I did say "often" and not "always". It's a distinctive vibe to me 'though...

Well done, man. I like! :thumbup:

• Nice one Per, I like the quiet and patient mood a lot. Again the piano gives something special. Well done :thumbup::)

It reminds me of some stuff I did late-night back in the late '80s; it's definitely got a late-night vibe. I've mentioned before on the forum that I can often tell when something's recorded at night as opposed to during the day.

Yeah, that was around my "A Quiet Moment" recording. And you were absolutely right there Monkey_Man - but I had mentioned it as well. And might be the case here as well just by Per's title of the tune. But definitely I would agree that this is music from after 11pm or even later 8o

• Hey chaps. Thanks for checking it out.

Thanks. Well, you’re not a dick that’s for sure and I was definitely tired and rushed when I was making it, but gonna have to disappoint as it wasn’t a late night production, more early evening. I think it’s the messiness 5/8 isn’t comfortable for me so I messed up the piano quite a bit and everything else from there of course fell over.

Nice one Per, I like the quiet and patient mood a lot. Again the piano gives something special. Well done :thumbup::)

Yeah, that was around my "A Quiet Moment" recording. And you were absolutely right there Monkey_Man - but I had mentioned it as well. And might be the case here as well just by Per's title of the tune. But definitely I would agree that this is music from after 11pm or even later 8o

Thank you, yeah I just sort of fell in love with the voicings as I was meandering around the keyboard, the piano came first. They were evocative enough for me to overcome my basic playing and give me a little bit of that Blue Note sound that I love from mid century jazz.

I kept anticipating Miles to come in.8)

Yeah the lack of a melody or main riff really highlighted my own inexperience and limitations. It sounds like a band nervously waiting for someone to take the lead.

• Thanks. Well, you’re not a dick that’s for sure and I was definitely tired and rushed when I was making it, but gonna have to disappoint as it wasn’t a late night production, more early evening.

Tired and early evening? I'll take it, brother. ;)