Minutes to midnight

• Moderator Notice:

In most cases, Soundcloud uses a bandwidth of only 128 kbps. As a result, what you hear isn't free of artefacts, especially the high end. For critical listening and also product comparison, please keep that in mind. Users who setup a comparison should use linear wave files and supply dropbox links.

Just todays noodle. Brass driver for one of the guitars, the other was the a VSP Fender Champ profile.

• I drifted off into posting heaven on another forum whilst listening, Per, so had to start the song again 'cause all I could remember was the mood.

It reminds me of some stuff I did late-night back in the late '80s; it's definitely got a late-night vibe. I've mentioned before on the forum that I can often tell when something's recorded at night as opposed to during the day.

So, now's your opportunity to prove me wrong and make me look like a dick. In my defence 'though, I did say "often" and not "always". It's a distinctive vibe to me 'though...

Well done, man. I like! :thumbup:

• Nice one Per, I like the quiet and patient mood a lot. Again the piano gives something special. Well done :thumbup::)

It reminds me of some stuff I did late-night back in the late '80s; it's definitely got a late-night vibe. I've mentioned before on the forum that I can often tell when something's recorded at night as opposed to during the day.

Yeah, that was around my "A Quiet Moment" recording. And you were absolutely right there Monkey_Man - but I had mentioned it as well. And might be the case here as well just by Per's title of the tune. But definitely I would agree that this is music from after 11pm or even later 8o

• Hey chaps. Thanks for checking it out.

Thanks. Well, you’re not a dick that’s for sure and I was definitely tired and rushed when I was making it, but gonna have to disappoint as it wasn’t a late night production, more early evening. I think it’s the messiness 5/8 isn’t comfortable for me so I messed up the piano quite a bit and everything else from there of course fell over.

Nice one Per, I like the quiet and patient mood a lot. Again the piano gives something special. Well done :thumbup::)

Yeah, that was around my "A Quiet Moment" recording. And you were absolutely right there Monkey_Man - but I had mentioned it as well. And might be the case here as well just by Per's title of the tune. But definitely I would agree that this is music from after 11pm or even later 8o

Thank you, yeah I just sort of fell in love with the voicings as I was meandering around the keyboard, the piano came first. They were evocative enough for me to overcome my basic playing and give me a little bit of that Blue Note sound that I love from mid century jazz.

I kept anticipating Miles to come in.8)

Yeah the lack of a melody or main riff really highlighted my own inexperience and limitations. It sounds like a band nervously waiting for someone to take the lead.

• Thanks. Well, you’re not a dick that’s for sure and I was definitely tired and rushed when I was making it, but gonna have to disappoint as it wasn’t a late night production, more early evening.

Tired and early evening? I'll take it, brother. ;)