Cymatic Audio Midi Automation

• Hey guys, my band has two guitars players, both running Kempers. We are considering the cymatic audio lp 16 or u24 rack to run our tracks. My question is, can we set have the midi changes programmed on a usb, and send that information from the cymatic unit midi out to a midi interface and automate changes for the separate units in different tracks on the usb to be sent via midi interface to each Kemper?

• How do you use your Cymatic ? as Player standalone or as USB multitrack interface.

If you use it stand alone you have to create a midifile taht you can play together wit the wave files.
    If you use it as USB / Audio device with your DAW like Ableton you will find the midiport as additional device on your PC.
    Setup your Kempers to different Midi Channels if you like to control them separatly.

Be the force with you ;)

• Hey Yoda Guitar sorry to hijack the OG post from lockhart90 but you may be able to help me.

I've had a Cymatic Audio Lp16 for a while now, but since getting a Kemper I figured I'd use the midi switching capacity to change Slots within a Performance.

When testing it out, I created a midi channel in Cubase and set the Program Changes to #00 (slot 1) through #04 (slot 5), exported the file, loaded it into the Cymatic along with a click track, and found the following issues :

- Issue 1: Latency. Seems that the Program Changes take time to activate the Kemper. Saw another guy using Protools to trigger the Kemper and he said he needed to factor in a 0.4second latency. Is this normal? If so, any way to figure out the latency?

- Issue 2: Program Change incorrect. Probably my bigger issue at the moment. It appears that certain Program Changes don't work at all? Hard to judge exactly which ones without doing further testing (due to the latency), but I think that #03 doesn't switch to Slot 4. Again, the same Protools YouTube video had a similar issue. So my question is, are there any references I can use rather than trial and error for hours on end?

• Hi, seems to be a Kemper problem not a LP16.

My advice is use a MIDI Monitor to find out what's goin on.

I'm using a MAC so I'm using the app "Pocket MIDI" from the Appstore.

With this I can send PRG Changes and Controls.

Windows has a similar tool called MIDI-OX google it.

So I don't have any idea what the problem is, may you have a loop inside your midi config

Be the force with you ;)

Edited once, last by Yoda Guitar ().