Error message when converting with Cab Maker

• I’ve had issues where it’s just not loading but one of my converted files. Seems like something is up with their system. I wish it was easier to load cabs...

the files need to be WAV files, with either 16 or 24 bits. IRs are not cabs, they are impulse responses. to convert an IR into a cabinet do the following:

- open Rig Manager

- select the place inside "Presets" location where you want to save the converted cabinets to

- goto "File > Convert Impulse Responses ..."

- select all the IRs you want to import

- select the cabinet in presets and drag it on the cabinet icon in the editor

you can also drag the WAV files into the Presets directory and Rig Manager will create Cabs from the IRs.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Tried that....doesn't seems to have any 'visual' clues that the process has been successful? I mean, in a weeks time I won't remember which cab has been converted. Is there a way to visually see what the cab has been swapped with a different IR? To be more specific. Any chance we could rename the CAB block to the specific IR and make it obvious?

• If the IR appears in the Rig Manager preset area as a cabinet preset, the process has been successful. The name of the cabinet preset reflects the name of the original IR file.

Some IR collections have very long file names and have their unique identifiers towards the end of the file name. The cabinet preset names are limited to 20 characters. Longer names wouldn't be practical in the PROFILER anyhow. But the complete original IR file name is maintained in the Cabinet Comment tag.

• If the IR appears in the Rig Manager preset area as a cabinet preset, the process has been successful. The name of the cabinet preset reflects the name of the original IR file.

Some IR collections have very long file names and have their unique identifiers towards the end of the file name. The cabinet preset names are limited to 20 characters. Longer names wouldn't be practical in the PROFILER anyhow. But the complete original IR file name is maintained in the Cabinet Comment tag.

Thanks, need to check the RM preset area.

• Unfortunately, you cannot see those tags in the preset area yet. That is planned. But as soon as you load such a preset into a Rig, you can access those tags in Rig Manager as well as in the PROFILER user interface. The alternative is to shorten the original wav-file names in a meaningful manner.