I have setup my first performance and I'm trying to tweak it.
Now that I know a little bit I have come up with the following ways to boost a good rig for a lead:
- change the distortion sense in the Morph of the rig (didn't like this)
- assign a tube screamer to a pre-pedal (was louder but not what I was looking for)
- assign a compressor to a pre-pedal (barely noticeable)
- assign a boost to a pre-pedal (best results but still not loud as I thought it should be)
- add volume under input in Morph mode (seemed to be louder but still wasn't great)
Admittedly I didn't try a post pedal. Maybe boost works better there.
Coming from tube amps - it sure was easier to get a lead tone with a pedal or channel switching there.
So - experienced Kempers, please give me all the ways that you get your best boosted lead tones on your Kemper(s)?