Recording with reaper

• Hi guys, in these corona times I started playing around with recording :). Currently I have my main outputs from the kemper connected to the inputs of my steinberg UR22 audio interface. I managed to record but I heared this strange sound while recording. I assume this is the input signal and output signal together ? I was playing along with an imported mp3 by the way. How can I make my recording/playing less distracting because of this doubled sound ?

Also I do notice a lot of difference in sound with the headphone output from the kemper and the steinberg (thru tannoy reveal monitors) ... I know the quality of the headphone output is superior to the steinberg. Can I overcome this by buying an USB audio interface with spdif in ? So would this spdif output from the kemper always "tracks" this output as tha analog output ? So if I would play without using a daw would I hear myself playing thru the speakers as I do now with the normal analog outputs ?

Or would it be easier to use a guitar vst to record ?

Thanks and stay healthy everybody !

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp