Kabinet with early non powered Kemper

• Hi

Just a couple of questions about the new Kabinet. I bought a very early non powered Kemper and quiet eager to get myself a couple of the Kabinets to use in stereo. But I don't know what's best to power these or whether to wait for the powered Kabinet. So in summary....:

- Does anyone have experience or have a view on what the best power amp would be to power the Kabinet available now? I was wondering if there's any reason to go down the Fryette LXII Stereo Tube Power Amp route or whether the intelligence in the Kemper makes the 'tubeness' of this amp redundant or if in fact it would enhance the experience and make it even more awesome than it already is. I know it's expensive but I thought I'd ask :-).

- How far are we from getting a powered Kabinet?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

Tim

• Waiting for my Kone to arrive but ran the imprints through a Fryette PS2 into a like 6 DT25 cab with a G12H-90 and A/B against SS amp. Unless Kone is going to make a huge difference tubes still sound better to me. YMMV.

• Two good stereo amp possibilities might be Seymour Duncan Powerstage 700, and Camplifier SHP.

I've got a non-powered rack and the stage. I use the Powerstage 170 into an old Peavey 512 cab and love it. At home I run through a pair of Neumann KH120, but the Powerstage is an excellent choice when using a non-powered Kemper.

• Hi Tim-

For what it’s worth l use a couple of Quilter 101 Mini Heads. They are small 50 watt SS amps. I play mostly at home and they sound great for my pedal steel, bass and often dirty Strat. I have Eminence PF350s in homemade open-back cabs and play at the 10 watt setting. I’m sure they can get really loud if needed. Best thing about them is there is zero noise at idle/quiet spots. Note that l had a Mesa 20/20 originally and the fan noise drove me crazy. I got them for about $300 each and am 100% satisfied with my setup.

Milton (boy named) Sue
    Kemperized June 29, 2018

• I have a Camplifier SHP on the way now with 2 Kabinets waiting. Stereo is going to be fun

Same here, except only one Kabinet at the moment.

Mind you I'm having trouble getting that!

SHP en-route. That Tilman chap is great.

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel

• Same here, except only one Kabinet at the moment.

Mind you I'm having trouble getting that!

SHP en-route. That Tilman chap is great.

Mine has been sitting in New York for about 10 days. It has passed through US customs but gone no further. I’m in no hurry considering what is going on right now in the world. I just hope it doesn’t get lost.

• Mine has been sitting in New York for about 10 days. It has passed through US customs but gone no further. I’m in no hurry considering what is going on right now in the world. I just hope it doesn’t get lost.

Lets all hope we're playing them before too long and the current situation improves.

I look forward to hearing what your thoughts are when you do get it.

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel