Powerhead Temperature

• The power amp in the PowerHead has a heat protection circuit. Does anyone know if the unpowered Main Outputs and Monitor Output also has one? My unit omits varying degrees of heat depending on the output I'm using.......it sometimes gets quite hot. Thanks

• The built-in power amp is internally fed by the MONITOR OUTPUT. If you don't use the SPEAKER OUTPUT, you can switch off the power amp. Does that make a difference?

• Ah, good point. Yes, I’ve turned it off and it seems to make a difference. The unit doesn’t get as hot generally.

Would that have been the reason for the unit getting hot? Even though I was using the Main Output and the Monitor Output?

Thanks

• If the power amp is switched on, it's power supply can produce some temperature even if no cabinet is plugged in. But it shouldn't get really "hot". Not sure, what you describe as "hot". The heat protection of the power amp is just for the power amp. But if you don't need it anyhow, switch it off. And then make sure, the PROFILER is not positioned in the open sun or something similar.