At a time like this - The alien brothers

• Here is the latest alien brothers project , we are still on major social distancing here in France, but at least we keep the focus on music & good vibe.

A super slick track with a great vibe, this one really sounds like a radio hit to us :) We're super proud of it.

Jazz bass 'direct to the console ' on Chandler preamp.

Semi hollow on a great AC15 + moody delay

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Very cool sound you got going on there, reminds me of U2 Joshua Tree era in a good way. I dug it as I played it while working away here. Your vocalist is getting stronger too, sounds more confident :)

• It's so often all about the vibe when I listen to your stuff, I reckon Renaud, and this is a good 'un IMHO. 8)

I'm terrible at vibes. At least, I was back in the day. I fully expect that when I resume recording and mixing, I'll have my own vibe goin' on, but I can't think of it as a vibe as such 'cause I imagine it won't really sound like more-conventional vibes to me.

Funny how it works 'though, someone's bound to come along and say, "Hey man, nice vibe there; sounds like [insert artist here]"... :pinch:

You, on the other hand, and Per as well, seem to be able to nail vibes. 8):thumbup:

• Indeed, great drive and great vibe in it. The bass is cool for the groove as well as the reduced guitar tones. Very nice. Thanks for sharing

Thx a lot Michael , Lee came with the folk guitar and voices, I decided to go for a cool drumbeat and that groovy bassline , I just had to add a great AC15 part , a cool set of FXes and we were done in the afternoon :)

Very cool sound you got going on there, reminds me of U2 Joshua Tree era in a good way. I dug it as I played it while working away here. Your vocalist is getting stronger too, sounds more confident

Yes thx , I never really listened to U2 expect the radio hits you couldn't miss back in the days. Lee told me it sounds very much like 'the forest' from cure , I reckon the vibe is close with all these clean chords on chorus. Yeah, Lee 's getting in full throttle on vocals ATM , he's especially convinced that music will save us from depression in these dark times.

Thx a Lot Nicky , my influences are digested and the outcome gives us these vibes , that are part our our common culture with Lee. I think it's a matter of how with formed our ears in our young days and the way we now play our own stuff. But everything is tied together as we often find some very close similarities between our tracks and our influences, but it's the way our brains handle it I guess, listen, digest , mash and reconstruct in our own way. We listened to the masters for sooooo loooong times. Vibes are a mixture of tones , playing with confidence , and the whole lotta mix & mastering where moods can be set afterwards.

It's interesting to see bands we're compared too, I can cite from memory , soundgarden , U2 , Brian Eno ,some other obscure 70's bands, cure ... it's really funny and I like it a lot as I never listened to some of these but I really appreciate being compared t omasters ;)

I reckon the KPA and a DAW are the most interesting tools to get straight to the point when you got a musical idea. The KPA is just the best tool, and the vibe gets in when you got access to the best gear in the amp world, it's so inspiring, especially with the new Kone.

About the writing , for both music and lyrics , thinks come naturally for both of us now, with more than 25 years of experiences and struggle as we are both autodidacts, but we still throw away lots of stuff and only work on the keepers , like this one. But the process was long and full for frustration , as I only liked my own stuff a few years ago and was proud of it.

We're still not done on the success and audience, so we still have to play our humble way , I live fro IT jobs, but Lee really needs some minimal success to settle down from the road , he's been working so hard on the music. It's mainly a hobby for me.

Many thx for your interest guys, it's heart warming to have some great folks like you around the world listening to our music and have constructive criticism especially in these dark times where music saves our mental sanity.

R

• Final mix is up !

Lyrics added on the soundcloud description

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Final mix is well done. Right amount of space and width in the sound. Awesome

Yeah thx , probably my best mix so far , we spent lots of time with these lexicon reverbs.

Just listened to the final mix....yes, this is very cool. I always listen with good studio phones and the subtle detail in the guitar tracks is very nice indeed! I really like this.

Thx, the yamaha HX7 are a great tool for inspecting & mixing chimey stuff like this great AC15 profile & ebow lines. We also checked on studio headphones.

"The Alien Brothers" are creating some Great Music!

Thx Mud' we're now airing on some UK radio and getting lots of attention on spotify , people really need music for support.