Kemper automatically assigns profile a midi number?

• Hi,

I'm new to Kemper. I'm running the latest OS on both the Kemper an Rig Manager. Each time i import a profile from the Rig Manager to the Kemper, it automatically assigns it a midi number. If i go into System and unassign it, when i go back to the profile it then just assigns it a different number. I don't use performance mode so how can i stop this?

Thanks.

Edited once, last by Hullman ().

• Sorry, I really don't understand what this is about.

You are probably importing a Rig, not a PROFILE in its true meaning? Please describe exactly from where to where.

What is a "performance mode number"? Are you perhaps referring to MIDI program change numbers for Browser Mode? No numbers get automatically assigned.

You can import a Rig into MyProfiler under All Rigs, which adds the Rig to the PROFILER browse pool. No number involved.

If you import a Rig into a Slot of a specific Performance e.g. Slot 4 of Performance 31 of MyProfiler under All Performances, then it ends up in that Slot and Performances as intended.

• Sorry, I thought I was being clear.

I am doing the following- Open rig manager, copy Josh Middleton profile from rig manager to Kemper. Now the profile on Kemper has a random number assigned to it which is shown to the right hand side of the profile name on the Kemper display screen. Why is it doing this and how do i remove it? I haven't asked it to assign anything so why is it doing it?

It seems that the number I am referring to is the midi program change number, yet I don't have need for midi or use it. I just have my laptop connected to the Kemper. I'm doing just what you said- Drag profile from library to my profiler yet a midi number is being assigned once copied to the Kemper. Why I don't know..

Edited once, last by Hullman ().

• performance mode has a fixed number of performances which are always there. You fill them or leave them empty but they don’t get removed. If you don’t use performance mode the mnumbers don’t matter and don’t need to be removed.

in browser mode you can remove midi numbers or reassign a new number of your choosing

Rig Change in Browser Mode

You can assign up to 128 MIDI program change numbers to Rigs in your browse pool. These assignments are set in the System Settings on page “Browser Mode PrgChg”.

To assign a program change number to a Rig, first load the Rig in the Browser Mode. Then press the SYSTEM button. Navigate to the page “Browser Mode PrgChg” using the PAGE buttons.

Select a desired program change number using soft knob “MIDI PrgChg#” and then press the soft button “Assign”. Use the soft button labeled “Unassign” to erase assignments.

Without leaving this page you can use the RIG navigation cross to load other Rigs from your browse pool and perform more assignments.

Received MIDI program changes are indicated by a small “#” icon and control changes by a small knob icon on the home screens in both Browser and Performance Mode. If bi-directional MIDI communication is established, this is reflected by a “two arrows” icon.

Instead of using MIDI program changes, you can use control changes (#48-54) to load Slots in Performance Mode and Rigs in Browser Mode. Please refer to the tables in the previous paragraph.