EQ tweaks ( continued off an old thread)

• Hello....was search for a tweak last night to take just a wee bit of fizz out of a nice profile. The amp EQ knobs changed the tone a bit much. Found this:

dialing out fizziness

Like Mental stated a small tweak at 3K dialed it in perfect. So my next thought is I have a handful of profiles that are nice but a tad thin. Would like to "beef" them up a bit. Boosting to bass or mids on the amp EQ does not always come through. Were could the change be made in an EQ to have a effect like the fizz tweak to fatten things up just a tiny bit?

Cheers...

Dave

• There is no definitive answer to this because it’s not a one size fits all kind of answer. Depending on the guitar and amp, some people would suggest a small boost around 200Hz. Others will say the life of the guitar really shines in the 400-500Hz, but at the same time, too much in that area can result in a muddy sound.

Your pickups, the guitar, the profile, etc, those are all factors that come into play. You can do a quick search online for guitar EQ tips for general starting points and then go from there.

Other things to keep in mind is that you’ll want to use different EQ settings based on if you’re playing live versus recording; or depending on what other instruments your guitar is playing around.

Sorry it wasn’t a quick answer. But when it comes to EQ’ing a guitar, it’s very rarely a one size fits all solution.

• Solid post....watched a good video the other day which explained the different frequencies and where changes can be made. Definitely got me headed in the right direction.