Re-recording old material?

• Have you re-recording old material to show their full potential?

One of my first albums I recorded is currently being re-working almost completely.

8 years later I absolutely hate the original sound and performance.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I recorded the original with a Peavey Vypyr 30w combo :love: actually, in my opinion, the guitar tone of the original album is the SMALLEST issue.

The biggest problem is the sloppy drums and just overall bad mix.

I'm so happy to own a Kemper with a bazillion good sounding profiles and I'm still learning how to choose the "right ones".

Maybe I have chosen the right one for the re-recording already?

The profile I'm using in the re-recording so far is a Mesa Mark III profile called Blend M01 by Thumas

Who knows if I will keep this for final mix or reamp later but so far I really dig it 8)8)8)8)

• Nice progress man. Actually I wouldn't call the first version garbage at all. But that's how things develop, right? Nice sound on the new recording, Thumas profiles are indeed great and he gives a lot of stuff to the community. Highly appreciated.

I was thinking of some re-recordings as well. Thanks for the inspiration and have fun with your re-recordings :thumbup:8)

• Sound really good to me, will definitive check the album out when completed!

Nice to see the old blend profiles get some love, i recently myself did a revisit to them, i'm got stock playing blend2 m11 myself but now i must check blend m01 :)