Updates information function when updating Via RM - aka RTFM mode

• There is usually a ReadMe file which contains the change log etc when updating using the USB stick. However, there is nothing which prompts you to read it other than the “Read Me” name.

When you update via RM you can select the help tab and open the manual and an Addendum document which contains information on changes introduced in each update as well as operating instructions. This is fine but it takes a lot of effort to do and is easily missed.

There is no way to make sure that we all read these at the moment so the Facebook Groups and Forums are filled with people asking the same questions or even worse complaining that things don’t work or the KPA can’t do X, Y or Z. I remember someone complaining on Facebook that it was ridiculous that you can have a Volume Pedal before AND after the amp block in the same rig. I explained that it is really easy to do and there are actually several ways to achieve the desired result. They argued that it isn’t possible and Kemper need to fix it immediately. I offered to to a video call on Facetime and show them exactly how to do it but the declined and continued complaining about if for at least another year.

So here is my feature suggestion - RTFM mode.

The first time you open RM after updating, instead of being taken to the Local Library, RM opens in the addendum document. You can’t get into passed this and into RM until you have read and understood every single word in the document. This would need to be confirmed by clicking the checkbox (like the “yes off course I read the licence agreement” button when installing). This confirmation then gets saved against your profile and Kemper support staff can see it. The forum software would also scan for this information on your profile when posting.

As a result, if we try to post a question, or reply to a thread, and the profile hasn’t recorded the documentation acknowledgment field, you get a RTFM error message which stops you posting.

I realise this is quite draconian and would be deemed unacceptable under normal circumstances. But these aren’t normal times. As a result of the global Corona Virus pandemic, governments around the world are enforcing totalitarian restrictions on the population and we are accepting this for the greater good of society. Maybe now is the time to slip something like this when compulsion is the new norm.

Just think how mich time this would save Kemper staff.

for the avoidance of doubt i am only joking. Boredom has really set in now with the Covid lockdown.

Have fun with your guitar and Kemper and above all stay safe.

• Dayum Burkhard, that'd be a bitch for beer drinkers, which is... everyone. :pinch: :D

I mean, even if you only provided 2 options, and a question was...

Q Holding a Stomp button:

A Brings that slot into focus

B I wish my dog wouldn't lick his balls when lying on my couch while I try to practice guitar

... you just know that we beer drinkers are gonna select "B". I mean, "B" is for beer, right, so how could this be wrong? 8):thumbup: