Kemper Power Rack Connecting --> 18i20 Scarlett 3rd Gen Interface --> to Mac (HELP) No SOUND

• Hey all,

I recently purchased the 18i20 Scarlett 3rd Gen interface and I want to use it through my (KEMPER POWER RACK) using SPDF. The recording program I am using is REAPER. I do not own a powered monitor and I want my guitar and all recording sounds to come from my (Mac computer mic built in my Mac)

Could someone give me a step by step connection breakdown as well as what all input and output needs to be? I notice there are several places with inputs and outputs that can be adjusted.

Focusrite Control software:

- already installed and not sure what to do with output routing and input settings here. The Clock Source seems okay and is locked at 44.1 kHz, and Digital I/O Mode is sept to S/PDIF RCA

I have sort of a signal coming in when I record a track into reaper however I do not actually hear anything coming out.

Reaper:

- I can choose Input Mono, Inout Stereo, Input MIDI, or Input NONE. There are many options per choice and not sure the settings here.

Connections:

Is my guitar to be plugged directly into the input of the Kemper or the input of Interface? Do I need to have my (Kemper Speaker Output) on the back of Kemper plugged in somewhere? I feel like this is not necessary since the interface should be taking the Kemper sound Via SPDF?

I have spent at least 6-8 hours trying to get this to work so any useful help will be greatly appreciated..

Thank you!

• Alos,

I haven't tried this yet, but do I need to plug in the Main outs on Kemper to somewhere on this interface? The Kemper Manual says that I can use the Main outputs to connect to a mixing desk or Studio so that must be correct.

On the 18i20 Focusrite however, the manual is not as clear and I am not sure where I would need to connect my Kemper Main outs to the interface. I am assuming to one of the Line outs but not sure and I don't want to mess anything up.

Thanks!