Which is a good value for Master volume parameter?

• Good afternoon,
    I'm experiencing a kind of issue with my Kemper.

Since I can't get too loud in my room, I've setted Main Volume level to -13 dB. I have an FRFR108 speaker.

I don't know if my issue is related to this, but my profiles sounds with no sustain at all and when I try to play some tapping or legato with distorted profiles it sounds no good at all. This happens with a large amount of good quality profiles.

Should I turn up my Master Volume and instead lower the speaker volume to get the desired level or it's fine my settings? Can this parameter affect the tones other than volume?

Do you have any advice for adding some sustain or more spacing to distorted profiles?

Many thanks, and stay safe!

• it shouldn’t make much difference whether you increase Kemper and lower FRFR or the other way about. As long as you aren’t clipping the speaker input you should get fairly similar results.

sustain tends to suffer as you decrease volume. Also our ears experience tone differently at lower volumes. In simple terms we hear more mids and less bass and treble. Therefore, you may want to try the following:

increase gain higher than you would use live or recording

perhaps add a compressor to increase sustain

tweak the EQ (either by adding an EQ to the FX blocks which you can turn off when playing louder or by making an output EQ preset that you can apply for low volume bedroom practice)