Kone Konundrums

• Wow I just found this thread and it's my exact same experience. I just put two Kemper Kones in my Victory 2X12 and it's so disappointing just thin and tinny. I've done cab on cab off and all the different speaker choices as well as the bass booster. But it's not even close to a good tone. Has anyone ever figured out the solution to this? I feel like I'm one button push away from great tone. But as it is it's no good.

Sounds great through a regular guitar cab though with regular speakers.

My guess is you have turned the cabinet off in the stack -- it's odd but even though you have a Kone you still need to have the original cabinet on -- it's how the algorithms work. Also Monitor Cab Off and then you can change the different imprints. I find the Jensen P12Q or P12R more pleasing - even when a Celestion would normally be more applicable. If you are doing high gain, then don't use Monitor Can Off button on the Kone page (this is FR mode and generally gainy people prefer without that with Kone).

Personally I always like a little extra bass - and often set the monitor bass to +1.5 -- even after the extra Kone bass boost. But that is probably because I play really really quiet bedroom volume most of the time. Loud would be bad and probably need -1.5 !!

• Hello, did anyone find a solution for this? I am having the exact same troubling result with two new Kones I bought last week and installed in a 212 cabinet. I have verified speaker wiring (in series for 8ohms and correctly in phase) and my Kemper settings ('Cab' on in Stack, 'Monitor Cab' off, 'Kemper Kone' on) and I'm getting the same thin, weak, unpleasant tone that others describe in this thread. I've updated to the latest OS version (8.2.2) and done a "reset" following Yam's post above - no improvement. I'm using a tube power amp (ValveTrain PowerTrain Studio 20) and I know solid state amps are recommended for flat response, but I can't imagine this would explain what I'm hearing. Thanks