Performance mode skipping performances going up and down

• I cannot reproduce such issues with OS 8.7.10 just hitting the up and down buttons of the RIG navigation cross of a Head model nor the up and down foot buttons of a Remote or Stage. If I hold a bit longer, scrolling starts as intended. If Rig Manager is connected or not makes no difference. I can even hit a button multiple times (hearing multiple mechanical clicks of the button) and the PROFILER follows steping up or down the corresponding number of Performances.

If you cannot control single steps versus scrolling with the current OS, please open a support ticket and send a video demonstrating how you hit the button and how the Performance gets loaded.

Dear Burkhard. Lucky you. I was on holidays and made a video today. It still appears randomly. I will sent the video to you. I am on the latest OS.

Best regards

Stefan

• The same is happening with my Kemper Head. Despite requests to both address and fix the issue, the problem has remained unsolved for over two years now. It always annoys me when software developers reply with the tired old chestnut, "can't reproduce the issue" With due respect, Mr. Burkhard, we're not interested in what you can or cannot reproduce. The issue is real as is evidenced by the this thread and we are humbly requesting a fix.

Kind regards,

T

• My Kemper still randomly skips performances using the exterior buttons. It always has and the new software 8.7 hasn't changed it. What 8.7 did was increase my analog output volume tremendously. I have since compensated.

• This happens to me as well, usually the first time changing performance after boot on the Toaster itself. It's been like that for as long as I can remember. Also, every now and then the performance changes on screen but the sound doesn't change or at least doesn't match the performance. I'll see if I can try to film it tonight.

EDIT: Boring video I also shared in the ticket

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• still happens randomly to me with the exterior buttons as well. I ended up buying a midi controller to switch performances so I could quit hassling with this long standing issue.

• This happens to me if I accidentally fat foot both the ^ and 1 at the same time. For both up and down with 1 and 2. Not sure if this is a "feature" but if so, would be nice to be able to disable it!

• this issue has been a intermittent problem ever since I have owned my profiler. It still often does it if I use the up/down buttons on the front of the toaster. Live I use a foot switch that lets me choose a bank channel and then the slot and then it sends the direct message to the profiler so I won’t have this issue.

• solution :

after turning on the kemper, switch on each of the patches recorded in the performance mode (make sure to load the performances that it would have possibly passed, the order of loading does not matter).

After loading patches once, the kemper no longer skips any performance

I don't get on here often. Problem is still happening on 9.0.8.46641 from July 31, 2023. It happens with the buttons on the Toaster, on a third party footswitch, and on the Kemper remote.

I will try your workaround the next couple times I start up my Kemper. Thanks for the suggestion!

• Our current OS versions are 10.1.2 release and 10.2.0 public beta.

Thanks. This has persisted through many OS versions from April 2020 until now. I am almost certain I opened a service ticket, and support couldn't find any issues from what I sent them. I'm planning on upgrading to the 10.x OS at the beginning of December. If I still see the behavior then I will create a new ticket.

• solution :

after turning on the kemper, switch on each of the patches recorded in the performance mode (make sure to load the performances that it would have possibly passed, the order of loading does not matter).

After loading patches once, the kemper no longer skips any performance

So far that seems to be helping. Very odd, but it definitely looks like a software issue -- especially since it is happening with the toaster, with the remote, and with a midi mongoose footswitch. Thanks.

• Problem is still here in the latest release. Also, now Browse mode is skipping large blocks of profiles going up and down. I created a separate thread and ticket for that. Haven't spent a lot of time in performance mode, since I was just messing with Liquid profiles, but hopefully the new OS hasn't introduced more performance mode issues as well.