Kemper Stage: How to save performances permanently

• Hello,

I'm just having a hard headache trying to save my performances permanently in the kemper stage. For example, today this happened to me. I had 1 performance saved in kemper and in local (The exact copy), tweaked from rig manager. They were the same.

Today, I spent a lot of time tweaking it to get the right sound out of it. I pushed the STORE button a lot of times to not lose any change in performance mode. Everything done directly in kemper without connecting it to the computer.

After everything was saved, I connected the kemper to the computer (The kemper still was on performance mode). I selected the old performance on the rig manager just to see which were the changes I made to the original and voila! Automatically the old one passed to the kemper, at the same performance slot, losing the new one.

Is this normal? I can't navigate throw the diferent rigs or performances while I have the kemper connected in performance mode? In my opinion this is very disappointing... Because this way the rigs or performances you select on rig manager while the kemper is in performance mode are automatically saved on the kemper and they overwrite anything you have at that moment in the kemper...

I just want to make a performance PERMANENT for recording and for live use. And I don't like to use the Browser mode because I'm a man of a few rigs and I like simplicity. Performance mode is what I would like to use for everything.

Any tips?

Many thanks.

• I have a problem where the KPA, without hooking to a computer or doing anything but play it, copies all five slots from a Performance and paste them into another Performance, all five slots, resulting in two Performances exactly alike. This has happened to me on three occasions. I now do often backups on a USB stick and when this happens, restores the Performances.

• there are two completely separate folders in RM Performances (and rig browser too) for the KPA and RM.

if you save a profile in the “Local Library” folder it will be saved permanently no matter what you do on the KPA. However, if the file is n the “MyProfiler” folder it will sync automatically to the most recent version.

it is common to have the master version saved in Local Library and a copy in the MyProfiler. You can now edit either without affecting the other. Once you are happy that you want to keep the changes you can manually ensure you have the correct one in both locations or have both versions in the Local Library in case you want a previous version again in future.

• there are two completely separate folders in RM Performances (and rig browser too) for the KPA and RM.

if you save a profile in the “Local Library” folder it will be saved permanently no matter what you do on the KPA. However, if the file is n the “MyProfiler” folder it will sync automatically to the most recent version.

it is common to have the master version saved in Local Library and a copy in the MyProfiler. You can now edit either without affecting the other. Once you are happy that you want to keep the changes you can manually ensure you have the correct one in both locations or have both versions in the Local Library in case you want a previous version again in future.

Hello, thanks but I don't get how the syncking works.

If I save a rig in "local folder", I make changes to that rig, and after I connect the kemper. The computer version is copied on the kemper automatically? On "My profiler" folder?

• Yes but not in the Local Library so you can have two versions that differ if you want.

I must be dumb, i still don't get it.

There are only 2 locations when rigs are saved. The profiler itself and the computer local library. From the rig manager, you can tweak both locations. And from the kemper, you only can tweak the profiler libraries.

In order to understand how this works I need to know 3 points.

1 - FROM where are you tweaking it, Kemper or Rig Manager

2 - The rig you are tweaking, is in local library or in the profiler?

3 - Is the kemper connected to the computer at that precise moment? Is the Rig manager ON while kemper connected and are yu tweaking the kemper itself?

Because to have 2 versions and 1 permanent, I don't know how to do. From where, to where, and if the kemper must be connected.

To be able to do what you are suggesting, can you answer those question please? Thank you.

The best thing for me would be to be able to disable the SYNC feature, because in my opinion makes things harder to understand and to manage. I only connect the kemper to my computer because it's easyer to edit and tweak the rigs, performances... FROM THE RIG MANAGER INTO THE PROFILER LIBRARY. But as far as I can see, I will have to rid of from the rig manager... :(

• I believe that when editing on RM you are working in a temporary edit buffer in the KPA but the actual changes are being saved in RM Local Library unless you save to the MyProfiler folder in RM

it doesn’t need a sync disable option as the Sync ONLY tales place if you are working on a rig IN the MyProfiler folder or on the KPA

if you are editing a rig that is Stored in Local Library it will never sync with the profiler - unless you copy it to the MyProfiler folder.