Advantages of the Kabinet over a Kone in a 1x12

• Hey Profiler Forum,

Besides the obvious appeal of having a green matching cab for your Kemper, what are the advantages of the Kabinet over using your own 1x12 cab with a Kone?

I know there is infinite variability among all the guitar cabinets out there... but just wondering if anyone has tried the Kabinet next to their own DIY 1x12 Cabinet with a Kone.

I have a closed back Blackstar 1x12 cabinet (that can also convert into an open back) that is similar dimensions to the Kabinet. I'm guessing it should sound pretty close?

Thanks. Let me know what you think.

P.S. I could also use a ported Egnater Rebel 1x12 Cab too that has great bass response. But, I really like how that one sounds... so I am not eager to take it apart.

• The Kabinets are made of MDF and I believe yours is Birch... so while it will work just fine, there will be a tonal difference, which is why Kemper opted for MDF over plywood or birch...

The older I get, the better I was.

• The Kabinets are made of MDF and I believe yours is Birch... so while it will work just fine, there will be a tonal difference, which is why Kemper opted for MDF over plywood or birch...

That's a good point. MDF is supposed to be a lot more flat and neutral sounding, which would probably help for an application like this.

Has anyone compared their own cabinet to the Kabinet side-by-side?