Attempt to direct profile a clean amp results in distortion

• I have a 65 reissue Fender Twin, and I'm trying to create a direct profile to use with various IRs that have been converted to Kemper cabs. I've connected a Kemper DI box between the amp and the speakers as directed, and connected it to the return input of my Profiler. Every time I try to profile this amp as a "clean" amp, the Kemper detects distortion during its profiling process, and creates a distorted profile that sounds nothing like the amp.

I have taken the direct out into my computer's audio interface and can confirm that the direct signal sounds clean, so it's not a problem with the DI box. I can successfully create a clean profile by turning down the treble on the amp, but of course, this defeats the purpose of trying to capture the exact tone I want.

Can anyone provide advice for how to properly capture a clean direct profile?

• I see you replied to my thread. I'm having the same problem with my Deluxe Reverb.

Are you creating the profile of the Reverb channel? Try profiling the other channel of the amp, and I bet it turns out fine. That isn't a solution, however, as the Reverb channels of these amps sound better than the other channel, even with Reverb and Vibrato turned completely off.

• It's the "Vibrato" channel on the Twin, but yes. I've got Reverb as well as Speed/Intensity controls for tremolo turned all the way down. I haven't tried modeling the "Normal" channel, but even if I did, it sounds different, and that's not the sound I'm trying to profile.

• I haven't tried modeling the "Normal" channel, but even if I did, it sounds different, and that's not the sound I'm trying to profile.

Yes, EXACTLY. That being said, I bet you could model the "Normal" channel, no problem.

It's odd that there's not much discussion on this on the forums. I mean, clearly, if you can't profile a Fender Twin/DR/SR/Vibroverb directly, it seems like a pretty big issue.