Performance managing still buggy in RM 3.0.111

• I decided to meddle with the new RM and the editor a little this weekend, to see if I can rely completely on RM for performance management/editing.

This is my experience: Magic when it works, but completely unrelieable... I used RM 3.0.111 on Windows 10, and a powered Kemper Profiler Rack.

Here are the problems I encountered. Note that the Profiler was in Performance mode the whole time.

* I had around 15 performances on the Profiler and I wanted to add them to my local RM library. Unfortunately there was a performance that on RM had correct name but the author was C.Kemper and it had only a single slot, the one used for initialized performances (Crunch). On the Profiler everything was fine (i.e., correct name, 4 slots available). I tried disconnecting the Profiler, and connecting it again, but nothing. I tried restarting RM, nothing again. At some point so gave up, used the Profiler to store it to a new slot, and then it appeared correctly on RM (the new slot).

* I tried renaming some of my local performances. When I renamed one, it renamed correctly. Then, as soon as I clicked on the name of the next performance to rename it, the name of that next performance changed to the new name I used for the previous performance. I don't know why. This also happened sometimes when I simply chose a next performance, without me having any interest into renaming it. Its name just changed, always into the last name I used.

* At some point I tried playing with my guitar. I had a performance selected both into RM and the Profiler. While playing, I used the Kemper remote to change a slot. The performance slot changed, but the old slot was for some reason copied over to the new slot, overwriting my slot (thankfully I had done my backups before☺️).

I don't know if any of these are known. I would gladly help the Kemper team to fix those bugs, in whatever way I can. Keep in mind though that not all of the above are reproducible in a standard way.

• Same experience here, unfortunately - so far, RM3 is only good at browsing presets for me - every time I tried to manage performances it ended up bad (especially third point on your list is particularly painful - slots being reverted to original values, even after hitting "Store in Performance" button).

I didn't see anything in changelog recently that would indicate any change for better.

• alextsi - feel free to contact support by email. we saw you post here and appreciate that you share what you find on your system. let's see if we can help you (and therefore others as well). thanks!

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• slots being reverted to original values, even after hitting "Store in Performance" button).

I didn't see anything in changelog recently that would indicate any change for better.

piotrmaj works fine for us, BUT again - contact support, let's see what we find. the simple truth is: everything we can replicate, we can fix. all the other things are well, difficult.

• piotrmaj works fine for us, BUT again - contact support, let's see what we find. the simple truth is: everything we can replicate, we can fix. all the other things are well, difficult.

I must have been doing something wrong, then. I'll spend some more time with it today in the afternoon and will try find out what it was.

Edit: Actually I sent yesterday two bug reports to support describing issues with renaming a rig which is currently being previewed and the second one where performance becomes a complete mess after just a few copy/paste operations. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Edited once, last by piotrmaj ().

• I have been having the same issue. Created a complete performance, all five slots filled. Saved the performance multiple times as I tweaked settings. Next day slot 5 was empty.

• G String I sent an email to the support many days ago, but got no reply.

I tried today again with RM 3.0.117, the performance renaming issue remains. I have created a video showing the problem. I can reproduce it even without the Profiler connected, so it is purely an RM bug. The bug manifests itself if I press Enter after changing the name of a performance in my local library in the inspect view. How should I proceed? Where should I sent the video considering I got no reply from support?

Thanks

Edited once, last by alextsi ().

• G String I sent an email to the support many days ago, but got no reply.

please post the ticket number so we can look it up. sometimes it takes a bit to get a reply, especially when you send reports which need us to consult about a solution.

• Hmm I don't have the number. I went to https://www.kemper-amps.com/contact selected "product support inquiry", selected my product (PowerRack), and then entered the text, accepted terms, and clicked send. I got a message in the window, informing me that my feedback was sent, but I never got an email back informing me that it was actually sent, or what my ticket number is... Maybe I did something wrong? When I click "send" what is the expected outcome? Should I retry?

• Hmm I don't have the number. I went to https://www.kemper-amps.com/contact selected "product support inquiry", selected my product (PowerRack), and then entered the text, accepted terms, and clicked send. I got a message in the window, informing me that my feedback was sent, but I never got an email back informing me that it was actually sent, or what my ticket number is... Maybe I did something wrong? When I click "send" what is the expected outcome? Should I retry?

just send it again please - you get a number is this case, my bad.