Midi help

• I'm interested in hooking my Helix up to the Kemper via Midi cable so I can have a larger controller than the profile remote. So far I haven't been able to figure out how to do anything ;( I looked at both manuals (Kemper/Helix) but honestly I feel dyslexic reading those things when it comes too cc# numbers and routing...

Does anyone have experience with this? If so I would appreciate it so much if you shot a tutorial video walking me through setting it up. I want to be able to be able able to with presets with a performance and have access to some of the Kemper effects by assigning them to the helix switches too. If you're a helix user too you know this is the snapshot/preset hybrid mode. There's a lot to route between these two units but the marriage of the two could be pretty cool. That's not even including the option of a 4 cable method too I know.

Thoughts? Recommendations? Tutorials? Please ||

`Guy

• finally got private forum access. I posted this on your wall, but adding it here in case anyone else has this question.

Regarding the Helix midi connection, once you have your midi cable going from helix to kemper, create a kemper midi preset in helix. Then hit global settings to get to the command center. Here is where you program your commands. Go to fs1, set it to the 2and midi option (toggle I think) so you can do on/off commands. MIDI Channel 1 and then use the kemper manual to get the mapping values. The min/max can just be 0 (off) and anything 1 or above (on). Repeat this until you have everything you want mapped to each foot switch. Remember to save the helix preset. You can also rename the switch and change the ring color in the helix

Once you have your midi commands stored, go back to your patch and you can start assigning helix blocks to your foot switches if you want to toggle between helix and kemper. For example, I have a helix plate reverb assigned to a foot switch that also sends a reverb on/off commands to the kemper. This gives me subtle helix reverb when the foot switch is off and more ambient reverb from the kemper when it's on.