Whale Song

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Felt underwater all day I guess.

• Thanks for checking it out guys!

MuddySludge - Thanks. Funnily enough it's a fretted bass, I slapped some chorus on there and bobs your proverbial!

deadman42 - Thanks, I'm still having a hard time mixing big guitar sounds. More practice will be required.

• I'm still having a hard time mixing big guitar sounds. More practice will be required.

Same here. And I'm still quite impressed with the song Southdakota published a few days ago. Those guitars sounded great and were yet not doubled, quadtracked or whatever. That's actually my go to approach: Less is more, less tracks and less gain :) ...but I'm not a heavy metal guys so it might be easier for me. So, now back to practice.

• Per Love when the guitars kick in! Nice change of pace to hear a bit of distortion!

deadman42 Thanks for the nod. I am certainly no expert but I have done some experimenting with panning. If I am playing essentially the same part on the R and L, I will hard pan them all the way. Of course each of those guitars are different profiles and I am trying to use less gain and even coil tapping one of the tracks which gives more snap and clarity. Then, I run a 3rd guitar dead center, usually playing a higher variation of the riff, and with much more reverb than the L and R. I also have all of my songs mastered using a website called Landr. It is very easy and it does give a nice clarity to everything!

• Thanks, good tips! I think a lot comes down to the profiles you gravitate towards too. I tend to like quite mid heavy sounds and it probably needs more space in there to get a really big sound going.

• I tend to like quite mid heavy sounds and it probably needs more space in there to get a really big sound going.

Same here. But when it comes to vocals that's usually the space which is needed by them. So then it's the time to free up this space rather than putting "this great sounding guitar" in the middle of it all.

But thanks Southdakota for the explanation. I guessed some of that as mentioned above but indeed and as Per said it: Knowing is one thing, practicing the other :)