Unit unable to boot Kemper since installing OS 7.2.2.16146

• Emailed support just now as well bc I'm n a hurry to solve this-

I had just updated my kemper OS and rig manager software, was browsing and loading some different rigs from the exchange, then I got this message. Restarted the unit and on each reboot I get this message on the load screen. So I basically can't get past the load screen right now, unit not functioning.

How do I fix?

• Your message matches mine exactly, except for the CRC code .... whatever the heck that is. Look at my posting and solution. It might help you maybe .... it's a long shot. But I've run into these problems with locking up on two different occasions now because of rig files that were corrupted as loaded.

Kemper with OS 7.1.22 locks up while browsing thru rigs

Not that this helps you, but the CRC is a type of checksum often used in firmware and software programming. Programmers use it to verify if firmware/software has loaded into the target device correctly. You will often see things like, "Bad CRC" or "CRC Error" when the loading of said software encounters an issue where the expected "everything is good" code does not match.

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• Your message matches mine exactly, except for the CRC code .... whatever the heck that is. Look at my posting and solution. It might help you maybe .... it's a long shot. But I've run into these problems with locking up on two different occasions now because of rig files that were corrupted as loaded.

Kemper with OS 7.1.22 locks up while browsing thru rigs

Thanks for the suggestion- problem is I can't boot into my kemper at all, it crashes on boot screen. It's essentially unuseable right now. Support contacted me with a suggestion but it didn't work so waiting to hear back.

• Thanks for the suggestion- problem is I can't boot into my kemper at all, it crashes on boot screen. It's essentially unuseable right now. Support contacted me with a suggestion but it didn't work so waiting to hear back.

Sorry to hear that definitely sucks. Hey I did a google search on Kemper crashes and came up with this interesting webpage which offers different solutions.

https://www.soundside.de/support/KPARecovery.htm

Just trying to help you out, but understand I've not used this site before so no guarantees. But coincidentally, it does mention the corrupted file issue that I came across. It might be worth a try .... be careful!

• ugh, no dice on any of these solutions. even reinstalled firmware but it didn't work. Kemper support plz help

Well it was worth a try. Did you re-install the same version OS or did you try installing the prior/older version? Seems there has been quite of few write-ups on the 7.2.2. I'm running the 7.1.22 for what it is worth as I like running 1 or 2 versions prior until they get all the quirks out of the latest OS. I would think Burkhard would be all over this. He usually is pretty quick to respond based on what I've since on past forum postings. I see he gave you a suggestion, but no follow-up.

• Well it was worth a try. Did you re-install the same version OS or did you try installing the prior/older version? Seems there has been quite of few write-ups on the 7.2.2. I'm running the 7.1.22 for what it is worth as I like running 1 or 2 versions prior until they get all the quirks out of the latest OS. I would think Burkhard would be all over this. He usually is pretty quick to respond based on what I've since on past forum postings. I see he gave you a suggestion, but no follow-up.

thanks again- yep i installed 7.2.2 again, I couldn't find an older OS on the kemper site.

• Go to Support, Downloads, then pick the pull down menu and select older versions. I see they have OS 7.1.5 there.

Still no help from Kemper?

thanks, missed that! nothing from them in 15 hours, wasn't sure what time zone they were based in. i am being a little impatient i'll admit, i'm sure it isn't a priority rn with all that's going on and that's totally fine. gonna give this a go

• Well that sucks!

Here is another reference I found which appears to be quite comprehensive. It talks about some of the previous procedures in that first link that I found for you. But it also shows this procedure which is a factory reset. See and review the "Emergency Procedures" and "Profiler does not start anymore" sections.

http://foobazaar.com/wikpa/index.php?title=Emergency!

I'm afraid from what you are saying my guess is your system firmware or boot maybe very well be corrupted. It looks like the factory reset / flash memory is a last resort. But I believe if you do this you will loose all your rigs. So this is well past my "pay grade" or experience therefore I'm not advocating you do this. Proceed at your own risk or wait for Kemper to respond if you don't feel comfortable tackling this!

Maybe some of the more seasoned experts on this forum will join in to provide some further guidance on this.

My problem (a corrupted rig file) while it was frustrating and time consuming is nothing compared to this situation.

Again just trying to help. Good luck!

P.S. If that link is not loading the page. Hover over the link "search for this page title" and click. Then click on the first link you see titled "Emergency!"

Edited once, last by Guitar guy: add detail ().

• Thanks so much man! I'm gonna try a few more things tonight but will likely hold off until tomorrow to try a factory reset- I have a 'pretty' recent backup but I'm hoping kemper support maybe has some other method to fix it.

Thanks again!