Anyone else get irritated at the cryptic naming of profiles on rig exchange / sites selling profiles?

• I don't know if copyright prohibits the naming of a specific amp, but half the time I honestly have no idea what half the amps are in different profile packs.

Maybe it's just me but it would be so much easier if it just said what amp was being profiled in as concise a way as is possible

• I don't know if copyright prohibits the naming of a specific amp, but half the time I honestly have no idea what half the amps are in different profile packs.

Maybe it's just me but it would be so much easier if it just said what amp was being profiled in as concise a way as is possible

dz Herbert, rz 5150, stl evh5150iii. With some you have the answer right away.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• yes its a copyright Problem, but sometimes i find it funny to guess what

amp in real was profiled :/

I figured as much, but I still feel like noting for example a JTM45 as a Marsh45 rather than a cryptic one would be easier surely

Just press the amp button and you have the answer

This works in rig manager but not on the sellers website though

• Based on amp X is what I see on all profilers sites where I have purchased. If nothing, that's bad, but you can always mail and ask them. But to me it doesn't really matter that much. It's more important if I like the profiles or not. Yes I have seen some smaller profilers where there's no information on what amp(s)been used, no demo sound nor any free profiles. Honestly who do they believe will buy anything then?

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I felt the same way when I just got my Kemper. Now I hardly notice. Maybe a wiki page somewhere for newcomers would be handy? Like a thesaurus.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM