Mudgod - SAIL (Awolnation Cover featuring Mattias IA Eklundh)

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

You guys can not imagine how happy i am about this collaboration ...

I hope you like it :)

The main sound ist the Kemper, the melody is a vst octafuzz and that's it

• Impressive mate, great work, thanks for sharing here. Always liked the original a lot. But this version puts something special on top in terms of the raw energy. Nice video. Cool thing :thumbup:8)

• Thanks so much man! This cover means a lot to me so i am really happy you like it

• Very cool! When I first heard Mattias, it was on a tune called "Yngwie 2000", and given that I am a huge Ying-Yang fan, I thought he sucked because he sounded nothing like him to my ears. Fast forward to years later when many of my fellow musicians were raving about him and "Freak Kitchen", I decided to give him another chance and my perspective did a total 180. I love what he does, now... it was all about getting outside of the filter of thinking he was trying to emulate what Ying-Yang does... once I did that, ahhhhhh... delicious! :)

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• How the Hell did you get Mattias to play for you, Thomas? I've always loved his playing, so this is a big deal to me. Well done!

Interesting, distinctive vibe you've created throughout the piece, man. Again, well done! 8):thumbup:

Hey i don't know! :D But i am super happy that it worked out. I was 3 times at his Freak Guitar camp, which is the best thing you can do as a guitarist honestly, and luckily he remembered me :D

A bit more:

About the Freak Guitar Camp, if you was not there, for me it is the Mekka :D haha. You simply have to go there once or twiceat least. Mattias view on music will inspire you for years and he has such a unique style that there is simply no other way to go to him if you are into Harmonics, fancy rhythms and so on ... plus i met so many cool people there, it was a lifechanger in some way.

Oh and who do i have to thank for this? 1.My gear addiction and 2. Laney. I was always looking for new amps and then Laney shared the Freak Kitchen song "speak when spoken too" were Mattias played this incredible VH100R amp ... and this was the beginning of everything.

Really cool cover of a great song, super heavy! Love it.

Thanks so much man. :)

• Ahh... thank you for the explanation, Thomas.

Yes, Mattias is inspiring, and very funny IMHO.

Unfortunately he conducts those camps in the EU (and at least one I remember in Russia), but if he ever holds one down here in Australia, I'll go for sure. It'd be worth it for the laughs alone, let alone the knowledge gained.8)

• Ahh... thank you for the explanation, Thomas.

Yes, Mattias is inspiring, and very funny IMHO.

Unfortunately he conducts those camps in the EU (and at least one I remember in Russia), but if he ever holds one down here in Australia, I'll go for sure. It'd be worth it for the laughs alone, let alone the knowledge gained.8)

true! but it is worth a EU trip imo ^^ i laready met people from the us, canada, india, russia and so on there so ... instead of holidays tat might be an option ^^