Best way to profile - Mic direct to Kemper or ???

• So I'm a new Kemper Stage owner and really love the unit. Being that the diagrams on the Kemper manual show the microphone going straight back to the Profiler when creating a profile, do the majority of people who profile do it this way? I've seen videos where people will put the microphone into a mixer or audio interface and then process thru a DAW before sending the signal to the Kemper. Is that a better way to do it?

If the Kemper can do this both ways, then wouldn't the signal coming from the board be colored by the Kempers Mic preamp? I still have lots to learn, but my profiles sound pretty good to me just going Microphone directly to Kemper. Any thoughts or tips would be most helpful.

• I still have lots to learn, but my profiles sound pretty good to me just going Microphone directly to Kemper. Any thoughts or tips would be most helpful.

No right or wrong here. If it sounds good to you then it is a right approach. I did it the same way some times and it works definitely well. Not much colouring if you put the mic into the Kemper.

Nevertheless if you look at profiles from professional profilers you most probably hear them putting the signal through mic and console (i.e. mixer or preamp or whatever) in order to optimize the signal for the profiling. A lot of them even profiles with a blend of more than one microphone in order to get different aspects of the different mics to sum up.

And I used my channel strip as well during the last profiling sessions and found it beneficial in terms of signal quality.