Mesa MK3 Low/Mid Gain any interest?

• Hi!

I have done a few test profiles with a more crunch sound, not as metal scooped as i often do ;) actually the md421 profiles does not even have the graphic eq engaged.

I'm using the lead channel on these profiles with low gain settings., i actually was trying to do the rhythm 2 channel at first but was not happy with the profiling result, will give it another shot later.

To be clear, included profiles turned out as expected.

All profiles are with rectifier 2x12 v30, low gain profile is mic;ed with sm57 and graphic eq is used, mid gain profiles are md421 with graphic eq off, the 2nd profile has deep pulled on amp and slightly more gain that's the only difference between the two.

Let me know what you think about them? what to improve as i'm not so comfortable with these sounds.... yet.

These profiles are studio profiles, can do some merged next time.

Update 11/4-20

I Looked at Brad Gills old instructional video and it was easier to see his mesa boogie settings there, i decided to try them since they really differ a lot from what i usually have, well graphic eq at least, i cannot see how his knobs are pulled or not but i did a variation with Lead Bright pulled, profile with BR means it's pulled.

These are going a little higher in gain, on kemper, 6.1 and 6.7 but since night ranger was mention i think it's accepted ;)

These profiles are made on an Mug 2x12 (marshall clone) with g12t75 speakers and sm57 was used.

Both studio and merged in this zip, so you can try with other cabs if you want.

Update 3 15/4-20

Did a few profiles from the rhythm 2 channel of the amp, they turned out as they should, don't know why it was off the first time i tried.

Also made a more hard rock profile from lead channel that i think turned out great!

These profile are blended with three mics, sm57, heil pr20 and sennheiser md421, did some alternative without pr20, check profile info.

Studio and merged versions included.

• Thanks man and yea Im interested!

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Haven't tried that one yet LOL too busy with the 57! :D

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Cool :)

When playing myself i prefered 421, but thought the 57 was nice to, if i remember correctly i think deep was pulled on 57.

On metal stuff i always have that pulled but i suppose to these tones it do fine without..

Also had lead bright pushed for all three profiles, normally pull that to for more modern sounding, but prefered it off for this.

Many options on mark amps :)

• Be nice to hear some ‘normal’ profiles of a Mk series (although I do personally like them with the graphic in a nice sensible v shape).

Pretty much every profile of a MK series I have seen posted from people who sell profiles is downtuned metal. Hard to believe that these mk series were famous long before that from the likes of things like Santana, Toto Isolation, Brad Gillis with Night Ranger and even Gilmour on his Wall live solo sounds. Plus, all the LA sessions that were done back then with Mk series amps.
    I have three Mk3 amps in my studio (one is my sons). Two blue stripes and one red stripe. I think they are fantastic amps.

• Be nice to hear some ‘normal’ profiles of a Mk series (although I do personally like them with the graphic in a nice sensible v shape).

Pretty much every profile of a MK series I have seen posted from people who sell profiles is downtuned metal. Hard to believe that these mk series were famous long before that from the likes of things like Santana, Toto Isolation, Brad Gillis with Night Ranger and even Gilmour on his Wall live solo sounds. Plus, all the LA sessions that were done back then with Mk series amps.
    I have three Mk3 amps in my studio (one is my sons). Two blue stripes and one red stripe. I think they are fantastic amps.

Yeah, I'd LOVE someone to post some Watson/Gillis type tones for playing quintessential Night Ranger tunes like, "Don't Tell Me You Love Me", and "(You Can Still) Rock in America"!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

#memories

#oldfart

#okboomer

#backwhenmusicontheradiowasgood

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• I Looked at Brad Gills old instructional video and it was easier to see his mesa boogie settings there, i decided to try them since they really differ a lot from what i usually have, well graphic eq at least, i cannot see how his knobs are pulled or not but i did a variation with Lead Bright pulled, profile with BR means it's pulled.

These are going a little higher in gain, on kemper, 6.1 and 6.7 but since night ranger was mention i think it's accepted ;)

These profiles are made on an Mug 2x12 (marshall clone) with g12t75 speakers and sm57 was used.

Both studio and merged in this zip, so you can try with other cabs if you want.

Profiles to be found in first post.

• Update 3

Did a few profiles from the rhythm 2 channel of the amp, they turned out as they should, don't know why it was off the first time i tried.

Also made a more hard rock profile from lead channel that i think turned out great!

These profile are blended with three mics, sm57, heil pr20 and sennheiser md421, did some alternative without pr20, check profile info.

Studio and merged versions included.

Check first post for profiles.

• I tried the Night’ profiles earlier today. They sound really really good. Excellent profiles.

Not got to the other Mk profiles you did. So, are there now new ones too? The others you posted recently are in my Kemper but I was working on something else today so only got to try the Night’ ones.