Shakawaka bandmaster jam

• Here is a quick one, not that polished but you get the idea ...

I was jamming on a very good bandmaster on my Kone , on my strat

Then did the hofner bass and all these turned to a 70's themed track

The intro sounds like a clavinet , that's just my strat with the bandmaster and no cab, since I was monitoring my tone from the Kone , I kept it anyway as the sound was interesting.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Great tune Renaud, very nice. I like the sheer amount of ear-catching events in there and the bunch of great sounds like that lovely Shakawaka guitar short before the end. Thanks for sharing :thumbup:8)

• You had me at "Shakawaka" in the title 'cause you know I love anything remotely similar to '70s cop-show / movie music. IOW, what I like to call cop-show jazz funk...

You're right, it does sound a bit like a clavinet at the start. An envelope-following auto-filter / wah on that would've taken it well into clav territory IMHO.

Cool bananas, Renaud. 8)

• Cool very jazzy funky riff you got going on here, I like how it comes into sunlight at around the 40 mark with that chord sequence. Great job!

Thx The chords came after noodling with the A string and some upper neck triads

Great tune Renaud, very nice. I like the sheer amount of ear-catching events in there and the bunch of great sounds like that lovely Shakawaka guitar short before the end. Thanks for sharing

Thx Michael , that's the way I record , I do lots of takes with lots of different tones & pickups & profiles

You had me at "Shakawaka" in the title 'cause you know I love anything remotely similar to '70s cop-show / movie music. IOW, what I like to call cop-show jazz funk...

You're right, it does sound a bit like a clavinet at the start. An envelope-following auto-filter / wah on that would've taken it well into clav territory IMHO.

Cool bananas, Renaud.

Yes we all love Wahs , this was the cry setting and I often use my own setting and the old vox preset , very cool

Thx Nicky , there is still some audience for 70's cop show music , that's pretty cool.

I'll provide more as you like 'em :)

• Thx Nicky , there is still some audience for 70's cop show music , that's pretty cool.

I'll provide more as you like 'em :)

Huge fan, mate. Even the scores for the Dirty Harry flicks were superb.

Generally in this "genre", I love the percussion (mainly the congas), the dissonant and snappy brass lines, the afro-funk / jazz-style sax lines, the basses, the electric pianos and of course the rhythm-guitar wahs.

Hmm... that doesn't leave much else, so you could safely say I love everything about it. :pinch: