• D'Oh! I meant lap steel of course. :pinch:

It's still playing slide, right? All good fun. Next song will have some. I might run a DI signal from an acoustic in through the Kemper for the main guitar part. I have not messed with that at all, though. Bass will have to happen through it. Heck, I have a pedal for XLR(w/phantom) to TS conversion . I'm going to have to at least try a couple passes of vocal through something, yah? :)

Every time I see your user name, the opening line to the Stones song comes to mind - "I'm a flea bitten peanut monkey, all my ..."

• Well, I'm definitely flea-bitten. Gotta powder myself with diatomaceous earth every day to suffocate those suckers. :pinch:

Hey, nothing wrong with bass through it, man. I'm a bass player and it's the best thing I've ever played through by a fair margin. Nothing else has delivered the variety, mojo and detail I get out of this thing.

As for your vocals, maybe try some preamp Profiles. There's a bunch of 'em on the Exchange; they just might prove tricky-to-find.

• Well, I'm definitely flea-bitten. Gotta powder myself with diatomaceous earth every day to suffocate those suckers. :pinch:

Hey, nothing wrong with bass though it, man. I'm a bass player and it's the best thing I've ever played through by a fair margin. Nothing else has delivered the variety, mojo and detail I get out of this thing.

As for your vocals, maybe try some preamp Profiles. There's a bunch of 'em on the Exchange; they just might prove tricky-to-find.

Oh man, this Profiler changes my bass experience around. Inspiring is what it is. I'm no bass player by anyone's estimation, but this makes it feel like I'm playing it instead of the other way around. Especially anything on the e-string. Before, it was just mushy over-thick thickness on anything I played. The Profile handles it all - within reason, of course.

I spent an hour the other day picking out a Profile before it occurred to me that it was all better than anything I had ever come up with before. I grabbed the one that I think was in the lead at that point and rolled with it after a tiny bit of tweaking. I don't even remember the amp it was profiled from.

• I can totally relate to that, man.

Just about every Profile I've played through sounds better than what I was used to through all the modellers I've owned in the past. DigiTech Genesis 3, DigiTech GSP 2101, POD bass, Bass POD Pro, PODxt bass, Bass PODxt Pro, POD X3 Pro, POD HD500 and God knows what else.

The only thing that came close IIRC was the Sansamp PSA-1, but of course the versatility of the Kemper and also the detail in the sounds have been second-to-none for me.

That detail thing's a biggie for me; it's the first thing I noticed apart from the huge, organic tones. Rockin'. 8):thumbup: