How to create dual guitar harmonies.

• Hello All,

Hope everyone is keeping safe out there.

Question, I am looking to create that dual guitar effect. (example; a la Death - Chuck Schuldiner)

Anyone know which effect used and parameters used in the Kemper to accomplish that sound.

Cheers

• Harmonic Pitch

choose the key and scale, select an interval (try thirds), also try pitching the harmony lower than the original, this way you'll still have full control over the voice-leading.

If you have a backing with E5, F5, G5 for example, that would be E phrygian = C ionian (or major)

• Harmonic Pitch

choose the key and scale, select an interval (try thirds), also try pitching the harmony lower than the original, this way you'll still have full control over the voice-leading.

If you have a backing with E5, F5, G5 for example, that would be E phrygian = C ionian (or major)

Harmonic Pitch Newbie Question:
    I'm trying to engage the harmonic pitch for the solo in Led Zep's What Is and What Should Never Be.
    As far as I can tell the main line is C#, B, A, F#, E with the harmony line E, D, C#, B, and A
    The differential is m3, m3, M3, P4, P4. It looks like Emajor, but I'm thinking I have to make a custom user scale.

It says step 1 is the tonic but shouldn't the zero step be the tonic?
    Mahalo for help in advance.

Matt

'19 Relish Eucalypt Mary | '17 PRS McCarty 594 | '15 PRS 408 | '96 PRS Custom 22 | '78 Les Paul Custom | '19 Silver Sky

Kemper Toaster | Rack | Remote

Friedman ASM-12 | Atomic CLR Neo Mk II Wedge | ValveTrain Powertrain Studio 20

• I didn't listen to the song, but the notes you've written down don't belong to E major (it has a D# instead of a D), they belong to A major. If E is the root of the song, it's an E lydian scale. It contains all the notes of the A major scale but starting from E:

E - F# - G# - A - B - C# - D - E

Hope this helps.

That would actually be E MIXOlydian

• Yes sorry I meant E Mixolydian! Appreciate the correction. I'll look again through manual. Will probably be back for more help...?(

'19 Relish Eucalypt Mary | '17 PRS McCarty 594 | '15 PRS 408 | '96 PRS Custom 22 | '78 Les Paul Custom | '19 Silver Sky

• you tell me...

I just read this notification as "How to create dull guitar harmonics" and I was genuinely interested. :S

I think you are describing my playing haha. thanks for the help everyone. I also found a pretty descriptive (read "for dummies") post on workflow from 2015! got to love the archives!! Mahalo from Hawaii!

• I’ve been trying to accomplish this as well and gave up lol. I run a chorus effect with a very short delay. 30ms-40ms and it gives me that death symbolic feeling. With the right profile of course.

• I’ve been trying to accomplish this as well and gave up lol. I run a chorus effect with a very short delay. 30ms-40ms and it gives me that death symbolic feeling. With the right profile of course.

This is the thread from 2015. It worked fairly well.
    24773-tutorial-creating-user-scales-for-the-harmonic-pitch-effect/

• yes working well!