Direct Amp Profile with Countryman Type-85 Help please :)

• Hey all just a question about direct amp profiles I have a countryman type 85 DI and want to add direct profiles to the upcoming Half//Sun Kemper Profiles
    packs - my question is
    How do I connect the DI as well as the speaker since there is no dedicated ‘speaker through option’ on the countryman - I know people have made direct profiles with the 85 in the past but I just can’t figure it out and don’t want to fry one my amps [Blocked Image: https://static.xx.fbcdn.net/images/emoji.php/v9/t8d/2/16/1f611.png] Thanks!

• I tried a countryman type 85 today and for the most part was pleased with the results. That said I had a ton of noise through the guitar cab while the amp was captured. Heard the usual three step Kemper alien noses but there was another loud constant noise through out. It could have been the amp as most of the captures were of gain channels (though not set absurd levels). Notice if I do not use a gate on the Kemper I can hear the noise albeit not over powering.

Attached the Countryman connections from another thread.

This DI seems pretty good. Playing through some of the captures from earlier and they sound full feeling great under my hands. Previous attempts at direct profiling were ok but the word thin come into mind. Let us know the results you get with your Countryman DI. Good luck!

• I edited my post above and took out a excerpt about an annoying noise I was getting while using the countryman device. When profiling would hear the three alien kemper noises but there was some weird noise going on which I could not pinpoint. Profiles turn ok except on higher gain capture was not reading accurate in definition. Should have been a much higher - brighter number.

Again I am a kemper - profiling newb so this may not be 100% accurate but this morning the noise was still irking me. Took all the connections down to basics. Tested the DI box alone with amp and all worked fine so it was not the box or the amp. Kemper seems fine but looked at the cabling. Was using a speaker cable in step 3 to go from back of the amp into DI device. Switched it to an instrument cable, ran a speaker cable from DI into the back of the cab, and attempted a profile.

Results were good and the weird noises (outside of kemper alien sounds) were gone. The higher gain capture was a little hissy before capture but that was not the noise I was hearing (usual higher gain amp hiss). Guess I was using the wrong cabling in step 3.

Maybe this will help someone at some point. Your mileage many vary.

• that’s strange

it should definitely be a speaker cable going from the amp being profiled to input of the DI.

I doubt if you will run into any problems using an instrument cable just to run the profiling noises as you probably aren’t running enough signal for long enough to do any damage but I wouldn’t risk it myself.

I thought it was a bit odd. All seems to be working good though after the fact.