Is it possible to do "internal profiling"?

• Let's say I have a profile with extensive eq changes as well as some eq both pre and post amp stack. Add to that some changes to the Cabinet and Amp parameters.

Then I want to internally "reprofile" this sound so I can use the slots for other fx and maybe start editing the Cabinet and Amp parameters some more.

Is this possible?

Cheers,

Mats N

• Interesting question and concept Mats. I'd say with a second Kemper unit that should be pretty straight forward. Just use the tweaked Kemper in the profiling loop of the second one just as any other physcial amp for profiling. Only thing I would really wonder is if the quality of the original profile would suffer from this. At least if you are doing this more often. Could be an interesting test for someone with two units. Profile the same thing over and over again and see what comes out 8o

Back to your basic question: Within one unit only I can not think of a way right now. But I am not the profiling expert so somebody else might advise better.

• I'm no kind of expert either, but there might be something that you could try...

1. While making a profile of an ordinary amp, split the signal coming out of the kemper and record that signal directly. I say "make a profile of an ordinary amp", because otherwise the profiler might stop the process if it doesn't hear anything (can't confirm this, just supposing).

2. Once the profiling process has finished, take your recording of the 'ufo' profiling sounds and feed it into the kemper, recording the results (in mono I'd guess).

3. Finally, start the profiling process again, but this time play the results of the recording made in step 2 and feed it back to the kemper, as you would a signal from a mic or an amp's line out.

I'd guess that success would depend on how accurate you'd have to be with the timing of starting playback in step 3. Also, I think I remember reading something about problems profiling amps when noise gates were enabled (but not 100% sure) so you might need to disable kemper's noise gate when attempting.

Anyway, I've never tried this, so you could be doing a world-first here. Best of luck!

• RockmanCentralBob However, I can’t see the scenario outlined above with recording signals then reamping through a single Kemper working.

To be clear about my OP, I do NOT want to reamp through a single KPA. I want to the KPA to convert what its current digital process tells it to do (OD EQ, Cabinet, Stomp EQ and Amp) into a new unique profile.

I can then continue to modify this profile if I want to.

I think this would be really cool.

Cheers,

Mats N