Upgrading effects

• I wish that Kemper is able to upgrade the effects.

I really love Kemper amp sounds, it is the best in the industry.

However, in terms of effects, it may not be the case.

I have found the Neural DSP Compression, OverDrive, EQ, Delay and Reverb are extremely easy to use

In addition, the sound quality is really good.

I do love the 9 bands EQ and Ping Pong Delay especially.

I do understand there may be some DSP limitations, butI wish Kemper can break through the barriers.

Thank you

• Coming over from the Helix, the effects is that only thing that I miss. Fortunately the only effects I use most are the reverb and delay and sometimes pitch shift or phaser. I would love to see more and enhanced overdrives but I have always relied on natural amp overdrive when I am going for the overdrive tone. A lack of a Klon, King of tone or OCD have not been a deal breaker for me.

• Love my three Kemper units so wanted to say that first. ?

Tc 1210 and TERC type chorus.
    Much longer mono delay.
    Comp with standard controls.

Micro pitch shift with all the controls that an SPX90 Pitch C preset has.

• Tell us more about that. What are the differences?

Hi Chris,

I am glad to see your reply.

I am not a professional Musician or Music Engineer, so I probably not the best person to professionally tell the sonics differences.

I can only talk about the user friendliness in a customer perspective

I have found that the EQ spectrum with "65hz, 125hz, 250hz, 500hz, 1k, 2K, 4k, 8K, 16K" is quite friendly fo myself to shape the sound, which is similar to the MXR M108S. Currently I am using Studio Equalizer most, but it doesn't have enough bands as the graphical EQ.

I also like the Ping Pong option for the delay. I am currently I am tweaking Rhythm Delay to set as ping pong. I think it would be great to have a have ping pong option, it will make the setup process so much easier.

Stay Safe!!

• Tell us more about that. What are the differences?

In the department of overdrives, there are so many drives on the market not currently covered on the Kemper. A King of Tone, Klon, OCD, and Marshall Bluesbreaker-style drive would be a major help for users. Right now, we rely on baked-in drives from profilers like Michael Britt, Tone Junkies, etc. The Helix really is on top of its game in the drive department and the Kemper is lagging way behind.

Kemper Head & Stage User

• I would love to have a vibe/chorus like the Walrus Julia ckemper . It has something I couldn’t emulate even with 3 effects stacked.

Also are they plans for more synth style effects like the Meris Enzo but more usable ??

Looking forward to try the new drives as soon as they are released. Love the recent release of the reverbs!

• It would be nice if the Kemper could do absolutely everything external pedals also do, but I wouldn't count on that, or hold my breath waiting for it. The Kemper has incredible tone, the input pre, and effects loop are first rate too, why not just add pedals to it? Why wait and complain that something's missing, when you can have it all? This past year I've collected some of my favorite pedals, even the vintage ones sound correct and true with the Kemper.

Kemper Powerhead w/remote & Kabinet
    Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

• It would be nice if the Kemper could do absolutely everything external pedals also do, but I wouldn't count on that, or hold my breath waiting for it. The Kemper has incredible tone, the input pre, and effects loop are first rate too, why not just add pedals to it? Why wait and complain that something's missing, when you can have it all? This past year I've collected some of my favorite pedals, even the vintage ones sound correct and true with the Kemper.

That’s the direction I’m headed for my drives. I’m pretty much satisfied with the wet effects. I guess I just see the potential that this green box has. If there were some developments in a few key areas, neither Line 6 nor Fractal could touch it.

Kemper Head & Stage User

• Hi CK, for me the biggest issues are the Compressor, Vibe, Tremolo and Rotary.

COMPRESSOR

the current Kemper compressor is based on a vintage pedal (I presume it is the Ross/MxR type circuit) with a fixed compression Ratio, limited control of Attack, no control of Release. The Kemper compressor also has the Squash control that doesn’t directly correspond to normal compressor functionality.

I have always hated the MXR Dyna Comp and although I have one I never use it. I always assurmed I didn’t like compression on guitar until I got a Cali76 (based around the 1176 studio compressor) that opened my eyes and ears to what I had been missing. Since then I have also experimented with lots of studio compressor plugins in my DAW. Not only do they have more control but each style also has different sonic characteristics.

I‘m not a massive fan of the Kemper compressor and find it confusing to set sometimes due to u usual Squash control. It would be great to have more options for things that don’t kill the sound like a DynaComp and a more traditional control layout.

VIBE

It would be great to have the ability to set the symmetry and wave shape like the Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe.

TREMOLO

While the current tremolo is OK it doesn’t have the character of some alternatives. I have a Strymon Mobius and love the way the different style tremolos all add flavour. I like having a Harmonic Tremolo for example. However, the thing I love most about the KPA is having a simple, small, lightweight all in one solution so I don’t want to need to hook up a pedal board to access a harmonic tremolo.

ROTARY

While I understand the argue,ent that a Leslie has fixed fast and slow settings and a preset ramp between them due the mechanical nature of the device, I don’t see any reason to restrict the rotary effect in a digital tool in the same way. Using the Strymon Mobius again as a reference point, the ability to control the fast and slow settings and the ramp speed in a great addition.

Also, I would love the ability to assign the Rotary Speed button to the morph function. At the moment I need to tie up another footswitch on the remote for this whereas the second tap on a rig in performance mode with Rotary active could be used for this without loosing the ability to use all 4 effects footswitches. In fact at the moment I have my Tuner FS changed to Rotary Speed but that mans I need to have a Volume pedal connected to use tuner at 0. This is the only thing I use the Volume Pedals for.

As a general creative tool, it would be amazing to be able to set the wave shape for any effects which use an LFO. For example, a sawtooth wave for phaser etc.

it would also be interesting to be able to assign LFO control to any function. This could be an extension of morphing if you wanted or a separate option. e.g. instead of having just an rise time for morphing you could set it to change a chosen parameter by LFO.

• Wow, the man that will be able to satisfy all the needs and wishes of every guitarist with only one multi-box will win the peace nobel price - and all the other existing prices in the world, too.

I, personally, would only wish for better / more drives. Yes, I want a lot more more (nothing less than a Kemper II 8o) but I'd say I can live with what I have - with such good amp tones. I use the HX Stomp in a loop anyway but I also think Kemper's green scream and some boosters are quite usable:

It wasn't until yesterday that I detected what a good result you can achieve with only the Kemper's pure boosters and the treble booster. I've never used the treble booster before, never even knew what it can do until I found a guy on YouTube who created an all in one rig that uses the treble booster for a lead tone. Sounds cool, you can check it out below (free download). It's in Italian.

Yes, it's a matter of taste (I find his tone a little too bright, but maybe I can EQ it somehow without killing what I like about it. Maybe somebody who also likes it can help me?).

What I mean is, yes, I miss some things, especially drives and some fancy stuff... but other than that I must admit that I haven't pushed the limits and abilities of all the stomps and effects, yet.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

Edited 3 times, last by Alienator ().

• Guys I'd really like to have some synth sounds implemented in the profiler's effects section, I wish I could have them in my rig, I know I can try to simulate something but some proper synth sounds would be amazing

• Guys I'd really like to have some synth sounds implemented in the profiler's effects section, I wish I could have them in my rig, I know I can try to simulate something but some proper synth sounds would be amazing

Absolutely, this company would sweep over the competition in this area