Fender '64 Deluxe Reverb profiles

• Thank you for your kind words!!
    I also think most profiles are too bright.
    I created to the profiles I can use them my self and they sound almost identical to my Deluxe Reverb.
    Check my profiles of a 64 Bassman and a '68 Marshall Superbass and '71 Superlead.
    I did by a new amp lately, a Morgan AC20 Deluxe, so when I have time I will created some profiles for this amp

• Thank you for your kind words!!
    I also think most profiles are too bright.
    I created to the profiles I can use them my self and they sound almost identical to my Deluxe Reverb.
    Check my profiles of a 64 Bassman and a '68 Marshall Superbass and '71 Superlead.
    I did by a new amp lately, a Morgan AC20 Deluxe, so when I have time I will created some profiles for this amp

Awesome, thank you! Those are all amps that I want to be part of my "profile rotation" and I hope they all sound as good as your Deluxe Reverb profiles. I'm going to hunt them all down this evening and start putting them through their paces. :)

• I'd love to know if any other DI's come close to your profiling technique. Been looking at a few Behringers

What guitars do you use to refine? A strat?

The 'DI' I use has speaker simulated output. I don't know if the Behringers DI has speaker simulated outputs.

I use a Fender Strat indeed to refine the profiles.
    It's the guitar I use the most with my Kemper and when it sounds good with the strat it sounds good with my Gibson Les Paul Deluxe

• Actually, I don't use mics.
    I've created the profiles with a Boss Waze Tube Expander.
    I use the Brown 1 mix IR from Ownhammer (r)Evolution 112-DVRB CTS-C12 package.
    When profiling I only used the WTAE as load and IR processing. No eq or other effects are used.

The Boss WTAE gives me very good direct sounds for studio use and for gigs.

Thanks for the IR mentioning. I tried this IR with my Egnater tweaker in Fender mode with the Two notes torpedo live and this IR sounds great.

• I tried almost all Fender Blackface profiles and always keep coming back to this one. It's absolutely perfect for what i do with every guitar i have. I have some of your pedals also and tried to use them with the Deluxe clean pushed profile (my favorite) and actually they sound exactly the same as your profile with the kot boost for example, my kot is set as standard (boost and od). I was wondering why it works so well with other IR's now i got it, it has an ownhammer IR on it. What i want to try next is these profiles with my Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170 and a speaker as i think it will sound awesome also 'cause of the way you profiled it, it's like a merged profile.

Thanks mate i wish you had a Vox ac30 and a Super Reverb as you're a master at profiling :)

• Thanks mate i wish you had a Vox ac30 and a Super Reverb as you're a master at profiling :)

I don't have a Vox AC30 or Super Reverb unfortunately.
    I do have a Morgan AC20 Deluxe and recently bought a Lazy J20.
    I will try to find some time to make profiles of those amps too

• I've discovered your profiles today on the rig manager. Just wow. Honestly, I only tried them for a day, but they might be the best I've heard so far, and I've bought many many packs looking for the right sound. One of the many reasons I like them so much is that they sound great with both the speakers but also through the Kemper Kabinet with speaker imprints. It's in many ways what I've been looking for, so BIG THANK YOU!

I really think you found a genius method here. You should keep making profiles this way, hell, you could open up an entire online store for profiles. (But please don't, it's amazing that they're free! 8))

I've a couple of questions though and was wondering if you could help me out.

1. The only thing that surprised me about the profiles is their brightness. I have to turn the treble knob quite a bit down on my P90 Les Paul Special. It's a bright guitar but I would assume your strat is even brighter.

I was wondering how you use your guitar on these profiles. Do you maybe have the volume rolled down a few steps and that's why they have this amount of treble?

It's no biggie, of course. Once I roll the treble down they're warm and have a perfect EQ.

2. The IR for your DR simulates a CTS-C12 speaker. Could you say which speakers the Plexi and the 64 Bassman IR simulates? I'm just curious and it helps to pick the right speaker imprint.

3. You placed to EQs in your profiles, one in front and one after the amp. How do you use these two? Is the first one meant to adjust for humbuckers?

Anyways, thanks again, you rock!

• I'm glad you like the profiles.

When profiling I normally profile the setting I use with my guitars I use most of the time. These are my '65 Strat, '73 Les Paul Deluxe and '68 Tele.
    Personally I don't like a lot of brightness, so I'm quite surprised you think the profiles are bright.
    I use my Kemper direct to mixing console and never used a guitar cabinet with my profiles, so I don't know how they sound on a guitar cabinet.
    I know my strat is dark sounding, by the tele is quite bright but sound ok (Although I always turn back the tone to 7-8)
    With the Kemper I rarely use my volume knop.

The Plexi uses the IR's of a Marshall cab with Celestion GM-25 Greenbacks (Ownhammer evolution series)
    I think this IR is also used for the Bassman

Regarding the question about the EQ blocks, I don't know for sure, but I think one block is used post amp for fine tuning (I think this EQ is always on).
    The pre amp EQ is used together with the drive block to shape the drive pedal.