How Do you Know?

• You just perfectly described me =)

• There are few wiser than Monkey Man :)

Interestingly I fairly recently bought an Ozzy pack, with Randy Rhoads, Jake and Zakk profiles because I love that music.

I think the tones are pretty accurate, but I also realised that they are not so great....in other words, its not just the playing, but its within the band mix and context.

I found this with wine...the more I thought about it, the more I realised I don't like wine, but I like the affects... :).

• Very true Sir! One of the many things the Kemper has given me is focus. I know it’s not the case for many but I no longer look at amps or pedals etc. At one point I had the big 3 Strymon, a Morningstar MC6 and a Helix Stomp and more. The amount of software and tangents(midi for one) that all generated took way too much time.

I can honestly say I've not looked at a pedal or amp since I bought my KPA 6 ish years ago....now I just buy guitars :)

• I’ve just purchased the Peaty 100 profile pack from Tone Junkies. They’re running a 55% off for today using PAYMORE as the discount code, so I paid £3.80 for it.

Very comprehensive pack with some fantastic excellent vintage tones. Also highly recommend the Brown eyed and the Plexi SL packs.

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel

• I rented my Kemper, as a (paid) favor for a friend who has a backline rental company. For the last several months, many players used it, at all levels from huge national acts, to more regional acts (I know of some of the acts, some were unknown to me, and I don't even know all of the acts that rented it).

With that said, almost all of them used rigs from the MBritt free pack that comes with the Kemper. I did get back some profiles with tweaked setting, particularly the effects.

Point being, you can do a pro gig with free profiles. But go as deep down the profile rabbit hole as your personality dictates.

Pre covid-19, my buddy with the backline company saw that there was going to be continuing demand for Kempers, so he bought two.

I have a ton of profiles and enjoy just scrolling through and trying them. Ditto with rig exchange. I bought the MBritt 2020 pack and profiles from that pack are replacing almost everything I was using.

Be Thankful.