Managing two Kempers?

• I just acquired a Rack to go along with my un-powered Toaster.
    Probably keeping one in the Studio and the other for Gigs.
    Can anyone share best practices with managing the profiles/presets/performances between the two?

Would a transfer from the Studio unit via USB to the Gig unit work?

Or is there a better method?

Mahalo in advance!

'19 Relish Eucalypt Mary | '17 PRS McCarty 594 | '15 PRS 408 | '96 PRS Custom 22 | '78 Les Paul Custom | '19 Silver Sky

Kemper Toaster | Rack | Remote

Friedman ASM-12 | Atomic CLR Neo Mk II Wedge | ValveTrain Powertrain Studio 20

• Hi.

Would a transfer from the Studio unit via USB to the Gig unit work?

Works and will be the best option. System backup to USB stick (think the file belongs into the root folder (you might want to look that up in the manual though)) and then import from USB (or similar) on the target device.

Cheers

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• Hi.

Works and will be the best option. System backup to USB stick (think the file belongs into the root folder (you might want to look that up in the manual though)) and then import from USB (or similar) on the target device.

Cheers

thanks Fireloogie, I will try it. I was a little hesitant as one is a Toaster the other is a Rack and I thought maybe there were different properties that were unique on each.

'19 Relish Eucalypt Mary | '17 PRS McCarty 594 | '15 PRS 408 | '96 PRS Custom 22 | '78 Les Paul Custom | '19 Silver Sky

• I was a little hesitant as one is a Toaster the other is a Rack and I thought maybe there were different properties that were unique on each

:thumbup: Inside they're the same. Have fun with your units. Good thing about this strange situation is that many providers sell profiles at a reduced price.

Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

Edited 2 times, last by Fireloogie ().

• :thumbup: inside there the same. have fun with your units. good thing about this strange situation is that may providers sell profiles at a reduced price.

Bought the Rack used on Reverb and it had tons of profiles. Add that to the ton I have on the Toaster, I'm ready to "shelter-in-place" for at least 2-3 years!8o

• That profile hunt is fun yet can become frustrating. But was necessary for me and obviously many others. For some reason some of the most recognized profiles here on the forum just didn't do it for me. I was about to give up, when I finally found sounds that worked for me and that showed me how the KPA can sound. I'm glad I stayed with the KPA.

What kind of music are you into?

Cheers

• I have a Rack and Stage. I give them different names so I know which one I working with , keep my library on each unit separate. On my Stage unit I typically have fewer profiles loaded but more performances ( the opposite on my Rack). I also use my Rack unit as my Beta test unit.

• I have a Rack and Stage. I give them different names so I know which one I working with , keep my library on each unit separate. On my Stage unit I typically have fewer profiles loaded but more performances ( the opposite on my Rack). I also use my Rack unit as my Beta test unit.

I was thinking of that same methodology of having the Rack as they main, then only transferring over to the Toaster what I need for gigs. Mahalo!

• That profile hunt is fun yet can become frustrating. But was necessary for me and obviously many others. For some reason some of the most recognized profiles here on the forum just didn't do it for me. I was about to give up, when I finally found sounds that worked for me and that showed me how the KPA can sound. I'm glad I stayed with the KPA.

What kind of music are you into?

Cheers

Mostly classic rock. Currently we are doing a LedZep tribute band. Trying to get the Page sound down and I'm not that good of a pedal guy, so I came across some profiles from Jim of TopJimi.com who had some guitarist (rather than specific ampl) profiles. Got me to a good starting point. How about you?

• Ah ok, I guess I can't be of help here. Actually I must think about which music I like these days :/ ... no specific genre I guess.

Soundwise I'm reducing gain the older (not wiser) I get. Currently I'm into players like Nick Johnston and Mateus Asato. Then there's a Youtuber called Jonathan Cordy that I enjoy very much listening to. So playingwise there's a lot to do ^^

Cheers

same with me here, it is not the ideal procedure always having to exchange the whole content incl. fundamental settings.

Mostly I'm facing the challenge to transfer one or more performances from one device to the other, but exactly this is impossible...

• Mostly I'm facing the challenge to transfer one or more performances from one device to the other

Haven't worked with performances yet, but shouldn't it be possible to arrange them in Rig Manager, (Local Library) and from there place them on each device? :/

Cheers

• Haven't worked with performances yet, but shouldn't it be possible to arrange them in Rig Manager, (Local Library) and from there place them on each device? :/

Cheers

thanks for the hint :thumbup: - but

a - I do not have access to this software on Linux and

b - I don't think I would carry my computer each time to the rehearsal room in order to do a small adjustment ;)

• same with me here, it is not the ideal procedure always having to exchange the whole content incl. fundamental settings.

Mostly I'm facing the challenge to transfer one or more performances from one device to the other, but exactly this is impossible...

agree that better folder architecture is a must down the road for RM.

• Greetings Peeps:

So to be clear here. I am going to go from the toaster to a rack unit. Is someone saying I simply can't plug my new rack in and just use rig manager to download into the new unit what I want? I would have to go toaster, usb stick, and then rack stick?