Setting Up Remote to turn FX on and off

• I have a Fractal MFC, AX8, FM3, Atomic, Helix, an M13, and of course a Toaster and Stage.

The K Remote allows you to turn FX on/off on a profile by profile/rig basis. While great for live performance, not great for my home use.

For my remotes, I set them up to turn FX categories on/off. So, if a preset has a delay, no matter what type of delay, I can turn it on/off. Same with Reverb, Mods, and drive pedals. If the preset doesn't have that FX, then the IA isn't lit up or does nothing. In other words, the pedalboard is global not per patch.

How can I do that on the Remote (point me to a thread, wiki, or other instructions)?

• You can’t really, as the Kemper if flexible enough to be able to run multiple delays, reverbs, mods, drives etc. in different Stomp/FX slots, in different orders. In the settings menu, it’s possible to set the Remote I-IIII switches to globally switch specific slots or have it auto assign switches, but whether that will work for you is something you’ll have to experiment with. I’ve never bothered with that function. It’s explained much better in the manual you can download from the Support menu of the main site.

edit : don’t forget that each effect button on the Remote can be set to switch combinations of up to 4 different slots, also with “flip flop” functionality

• Thanks. I bought my Toaster in Feb 2012 so it's been a while since I cracked open the updated manual. Started reading last night. I also got a Kabinet and finally got my Ritter Power Amp last Friday. Tried the kone but at whisper vulumes (I have a stepdaughter and her boyfriend living with us who are 1st year medical school students but still remotely studying all day so No blasting amps). Pure torture.

• i agree Finally. One of the biggest strengths of the remote is how easy it is to configure buttons to control whatever you want on a rig by rig basis. However, this can also be one of the biggest weaknesses also as you need to set each rig manually when in reality we probably use the same layout at least 75% of the time. A global footswitch setting would be great.

• Is a work around locking all 8 fx to the ones I prefer and use RM to view the fx that the profiler used? I've had my preferred delay locked as soon as that feature was implemented but thought to lock em all. That's how all my Axe products are set up since I use Austin's Buddy's raw packs and map my FX to my foot controller IAs.

While Fractal has global blocks, it doesn't have a global master pedalboard. It is also per patch. That is why I use an M13 with 12 pre amp fx as a master. I probably could run another box via the loop but that is a lot of floor real estate.

0 World Problem, not even a First World.